Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Presents.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Presents.

Christmas is over, and It is now birthday time. (59 today) All those T shirts I am going to get again, all in sizes that accentuate my beer belly, or are so baggy that I'll never wear them. How do the rest of you manage to get the hint across for what you would really like for a present? Or failing that- How do you get shot of 8 T shirts in assorted sizes?
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    Christmas is over, and It is now birthday time. (59 today) All those T shirts I am going to get again, all in sizes that accentuate my beer belly, or are so baggy that I'll never wear them. How do the rest of you manage to get the hint across for what you would really like for a present? Or failing that- How do you get shot of 8 T shirts in assorted sizes?
    Can't answer the gift dilemma; I live alone and whatever my kids give me is fine with me! But my question is: why aren't you out riding your age, for goodness sake!

Oh...it's 82 degrees in San Diego today. I'm about to ride around Mission Bay, and actually work up a SWEAT doing it!
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gee
    Can't answer the gift dilemma; I live alone and whatever my kids give me is fine with me! But my question is: why aren't you out riding your age, for goodness sake!

Oh...it's 82 degrees in San Diego today. I'm about to ride around Mission Bay, and actually work up a SWEAT doing it!
    Some of us Work !!!! At 28F I don't feel like riding tonight. Instead I rode last night at 34F. No problems till one of the lights fell off and broke,. Only left us with 3 lights to get home.

And I did my ride in the summer. I may be mad, but at least I had enough sense to do it when it was warm.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took my kids with me to the LBS and showed them all the neat stuff they had there. Unfortunately most of the stuff I showed them was way out of both their's and my price range!! However, as long as I can continue to get hugs from them I'm happy!!

My Bikes
    1984 Peugeot P8; 2006 Trek 5200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found that the T's make great rags for wiping down bike parts!!!

My Bikes
    06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought my own bike presents this year-that way it's exactly what I want! New 8-spd 11-32 cassette to replace the old 11-28 7-spd (my 55 yr old legs will appreciate the lower gear on hills!), new wheelset, shifters, rear der., and chain. Waiting for the parts to come in to make the conversion and tune it all up. Thought about a new bike, but I'm att'd to my old, steel hardtail GT--just "feels" right. Haven't liked any bikes I've test ridden nearly as much. Of course, over the years I've made many changes-basically the frame is all that's left of the original.

My Bikes
    Croll 531c/Campagnolo and Schwinn City Bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy 59th Birthday Stapfam. May you have many, many more!

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy birthday! Mine was 12/31; I took the direct approach and e-mailed my son a link to the Nashbar gel tight I wanted for my birthday, and he came through. Aaah!
    Specialized Roubaix Pro
    Specialized Sequoia Elite

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Birthday!! My daughter and you share the same date! You're 40 years ahead of her!!

My Bikes
    Cervelo Prodigy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    How about a wedding register type thing? You register at a bike shop, make a list of all the things you want, tell your kids where you're registerred at, and let them chip in to buy what's on your wish list. Tell them you're married to bike riding. LOL

Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Birthday!!!! Hope your birthday is a blast!

For the gift thing, I see a catalog and say "Oh wow! Check this out! It's on sale right now. Aw man, I wish that I could run down there and pick it up before the sale ends this Saturday. Guess I won't be able to get it. Bummer." (That's how I got my gloves ). tee hee!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the first time I got something for Christmas I wanted, a nice windbreaker, although it was branded Specialized and I ride Trek, we have 5 Treks and my wife had to ask what kind of bike I ride.
    Treks, 85-420, 87-560, 90-930,92-970, 95-930, 96-1220, LeMonds, 2000 Zurich, 05-Etape, 06-Versailles