Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Experiment-Some Recent Ride Pics

If this works it will be an absolute miracle. I even said a little prayer at church this morning as I knew I needed divine assistance. I'm still working on resizing pics from my new Digital camera so I can attach them directly in posts. So if this works, thanks to Dnvr (or divine intervention) I've made some progress.

Nothing really spectacular from this solo ride but am using these pics as my "test" for the process.

It seems we're so visual and everyone craves for pics!!

Not even sure about captions so will provide separate explanations:

Gold Hill is an "intersection" in rural NC that is a nice place to cruise by on training rides. When I say rural, it is not close to anything for miles so it's great riding territory. It's very unique in that an individual has set out to restore the village and is doing an incredible job. Well over 100 years ago it was thriving with the discovery of gold in the community. So much for the background:

The "developer" put up some nice banners decorating for the season-verifies I'm in Gold Hill!
    The Gold Hill Post office which is a neat store-I had to get my bike in the picture as well.
    The Gold Hill Church that has been restored-this picture is for PastorBob.

After leaving Gold Hill getting further into the "wilderness":
    Moose sighting-for a minute I thought I had made a wrong turn and had crossed into Canada.
    High Rock Dam-Lakes/Dams are owned by Alcoa. This was the furtherest point out for that ride (about 40 miles from my house)

I hope they show up and you enjoy the experiment!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Bikes
    1984 Peugeot P8; 2006 Trek 5200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JPPE - Pictures look great. Of course I can verify the pics as authentic NC except the moose sign doesn't have any bullet holes through it.
    What I found using my wife's digital camera is to load it onto a Kodak program which resizes photos in a caption marked "best for web"
    What did you use?

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p8rider
    What I found using my wife's digital camera is to load it onto a Kodak program which resizes photos in a caption marked "best for web"
    What did you use?
    I just get my picture up in windows XP and send as E-Mail. I then resize it and it opens up as an attachment on an E-Mail ready to send. Then open it in my picture viewer and save it on the hard disc in a directory.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    I just get my picture up in windows XP and send as E-Mail. I then resize it and it opens up as an attachment on an E-Mail ready to send. Then open it in my picture viewer and save it on the hard disc in a directory.
    Amazing......thousands of miles apart and that's the exact same "process" I stumbled across when I sent the Time Trial bike photos to Dnvr. I tried a couple other options but I just wasn't able to downsize them and save them. Will continue to work on that as this process works but seems there is an additional step or two that could be avoided. But at least it looks like it works!!!

I guess I should post the Moose picture in the "Animals we've seen on rides" thread.........

I'm off to another Polar Bear ride (although temps are pushing 60 here in NC) and hope to have some more pics to share.

Roadie
    My Bikes
    kestrel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your prayers were answered

My Bikes
    Cervelo Prodigy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jppe, there's a yahoo message board for Cervelo and Gerard Vrooman participates. You might like it since you now own a P2k.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A free picture editing and resizing program, "Irfanview" is available at

www.irfanview.com

I find this extremely useful for a variety of tasks including resizing, touching up pictures, etc.

Also, some folks use the free GIMP program.
    Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone

My Bikes
    2 many
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice photos thanks.

Did you ever notice that every town in the world has a sign that says
    "Historic town of----" ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bikes
    Vintage Schwinns, Classy Cannondales, & an '83 Santana Tandem
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JPPE,

Prayers are answered! Thanks for the plug. Beautiful pics! Great job. Oh to be back in the south where riding outside year round is more of an option. I love NC. I have a nephew and his family living outside of Ashville.

Bob
    Bob
    Dreaming of Summertime in NH!

Visit my websites:
    FreeWheelSpa.com orpastorbobnlnh.com

My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's another good way to resize pictures, if you have XP. Go to microsoft.com/downloads. Search "powertoys". Under powertoys go to Microsoft XP. Scroll to "Image Resizer" and download. Then, when you right click on your picture it there will the "resize picture" wording. click it and you in. There are four sizes.