Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

they call me Zebra (small new year gift)

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-05, 09:07 AM

Bikes: Canyon Alu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all,
I enjoyed much your www-presence this year and I would like to give something to you (before I leave for some ski adventures in Switzerland tomorrow morning, after the new years party ):

Look at the picture (made by a young lady, but I swear, she's not in love with me, she just loved my zebra Appearance).
Some remarks:

1: grey hair after having made the acquaintance with some spanish car drivers
2: ebony and ivory after my 10 days France trip which let them call me zebra (the legs are the same)
3: thick belly (not to be seen ) after the willcome BBQ when I had arrived at our holiday "casa"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo.jpg (27.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 12-31-05, 12:40 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by marmotte
Hi all,
I enjoyed much your www-presence this year and I would like to give something to you (before I leave for some ski adventures in Switzerland tomorrow morning, after the new years party ):

Look at the picture (made by a young lady, but I swear, she's not in love with me, she just loved my zebra Appearance).
Some remarks:

1: grey hair after having made the acquaintance with some spanish car drivers
2: ebony and ivory after my 10 days France trip which let them call me zebra (the legs are the same)
3: thick belly (not to be seen ) after the willcome BBQ when I had arrived at our holiday "casa"
The grey hair is not compulsory on this forum ,but it does seem to be the latest trend. The BBQ I hope was a continental one with steaks, Sausage and Other delicacies that I would love to hear about. You have just proved with the two tone bodywork that you are a cyclist. Only thing is-- Is it a sun tan or Rust?

Spike Milligan
Old 01-12-06, 01:51 AM

Bikes: Canyon Alu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam
The grey hair is not compulsory on this forum ,but it does seem to be the latest trend. The BBQ I hope was a continental one with steaks, Sausage and Other delicacies that I would love to hear about. You have just proved with the two tone bodywork that you are a cyclist. Only thing is-- Is it a sun tan or Rust?
Hi stapfam,
I am back from holidays now (up and down the hills in switzerland).
You're right, I followed the latest trend.
The BBQ was continental with a lot of spanish influences (calamares...) and we had a very fine delicious red wine with it. The children were playing and the sun was shining. A few hours later the night was warm and I had not to sleep in a tent.
Maybe it is rust, I don't know...
marmotte
Old 01-12-06, 12:11 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by marmotte
Hi stapfam,
I am back from holidays now (up and down the hills in switzerland).
You're right, I followed the latest trend.
The BBQ was continental with a lot of spanish influences (calamares...) and we had a very fine delicious red wine with it. The children were playing and the sun was shining. A few hours later the night was warm and I had not to sleep in a tent.
Maybe it is rust, I don't know...
marmotte
Forget the calamares- But the spanish influence sounds as though you were down in the Languedoc region. One of my favourite wines, but Cote Du Rhone still takes some beating. Then theres the Bordeaux region and as For Burgundy.... Better stop now before I raid the cellar. Any one got a cure for a hangover?

Spike Milligan