Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Let's do a Century jppe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Posts
    5,957
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Beware of Subway!!!

    There's a Subway near my office so I run over and grab a sandwich for lunch today. Subway is one of the few places I can afford plus they fix sandwiches made to order with just the stuff I want on them. As I'm paying the cashier hands me a little card that says Fresh Resolutions.

    There's a gray circle on the card where you can scratch the stuff off to reveal your "resolution". I'm sitting there eating and thinking, okay I'll play their little game, I'll scratch this stuff off and see what it says.

    I scratch off the gray stuff and lo and behold there is a bicycle that is the spitting image of one of mine in the circle with a resolution written above it--"Exercise More".

    First Watergate, then George W........now Subway is spying on me!! And the gall for them to tell me to exercise more. Didn't they know that I did 2 centuries and rode 280+ miles last week????? What more do they want!!! Give me a break!!!!! They must be reading my emails...........

    You better check around to make sure you're not bugged!!

    (note: chalk up another thread that is food related.......)

  2. #2
    I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Posts
    7,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha!

    If Subway can do this, just think what Starbucks is doing!

    That said, I should think with a little discipline you could get that up to 300 miles per week, don't you? I mean, c'mon!

    Here's a thought. Perhaps someone needs to invent a thing that would mount on the handlebar and hold a piece of pie in front of the rider (ala the carrot for a horse?) to motivate us!
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

    Proud member of the original Club Tombay

  3. #3
    Time for a change. stapfam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Posts
    19,915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have just found a subways for our wednesday night rides, and they are fantastic- GOOD food at a sensible price and the variety will take us a year to try the variations. I need a little more encouragement to get out and ride more on these cold winter evenings, so if they hand me a card with a resolution on it to exercise more, I would treat it as an omen that I need more exercise.

    Gary mentioned Starbucks, but I am thinking of a few Other places- Perhaps McDonalds could give out cholesterol tablets, Or my local pub could give out aspirin. Any other suggestions?

    Oh by the way- Sunday rides are back in the Forest for us, so the full English Breakfast is back on the cards- Pics will follow but only when I can chance the camera out in the Monsoon rain. It is like me and getting a bit old.

    (I know food again, but I am bored tonight)
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.


    Spike Milligan

  4. #4
    Dog is my co-pilot 2manybikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    My Bikes
    2 many
    Posts
    13,638
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You left the refrigerator door open again this morning.

    Subway


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rural Watkins Iowa
    My Bikes
    06 Bacchetta Giro 20
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manybikes
    You left the refrigerator door open again this morning.

    Subway


    My 12 yr old son, knowing I'm working at dropping 12 to 15 lbs, put a little sign on the drawer in the refridgerator containing the chocolate treats....."don't even think about it!" Little smart allec...pretty effective however.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    southern oregon
    Posts
    2,631
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manybikes
    You left the refrigerator door open again this morning.

    Subway



  7. #7
    littlecircles bmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    3,325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gee
    Ha!

    If Subway can do this, just think what Starbucks is doing!

    That said, I should think with a little discipline you could get that up to 300 miles per week, don't you? I mean, c'mon!

    Here's a thought. Perhaps someone needs to invent a thing that would mount on the handlebar and hold a piece of pie in front of the rider (ala the carrot for a horse?) to motivate us!

    on aerobars it would be too close... you could just eat is as you go.
    aerobar pie eating contest. could be funny. wear your helmet!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    My Bikes
    Electra Townie 7D
    Posts
    3,398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Your rear tire is low."
    Subterfuge Way

  9. #9
    Let's do a Century jppe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Posts
    5,957
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you folks must have had jalapenos for lunch like me........

  10. #10
    Senior Curmudgeon
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Directly above the center of the earth
    My Bikes
    Electra Townie 1-speed with basket & fenders
    Posts
    3,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    ...Perhaps McDonalds could give out cholesterol tablets...
    Free Lipitor with every meal! I LOVE IT!

  11. #11
    Senior Member edp773's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Illinios
    My Bikes
    2004 Giant Cypress, 2006 Trek 7.3 FX, 2007 Gary Fisher Wahoo
    Posts
    1,143
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe
    There's a Subway near my office so I run over and grab a sandwich for lunch today. Subway is one of the few places I can afford plus they fix sandwiches made to order with just the stuff I want on them. As I'm paying the cashier hands me a little card that says Fresh Resolutions.

    There's a gray circle on the card where you can scratch the stuff off to reveal your "resolution". I'm sitting there eating and thinking, okay I'll play their little game, I'll scratch this stuff off and see what it says.

    I scratch off the gray stuff and lo and behold there is a bicycle that is the spitting image of one of mine in the circle with a resolution written above it--"Exercise More".

    And the gall for them to tell me to exercise more. Didn't they know that I did 2 centuries and rode 280+ miles last week????? What more do they want!!! Give me a break!!!!! They must be reading my emails.
    Your post got me to scratch off my Subway card to see the resolution. My card said to learn something new with a picture of a head and brain.

    Well, my midlife crisis has been to go back to school. Last semester, I took 17 credit hours at the university plus work. How much more can I forget, I mean learn.
    Born Again Bicyclist! I found my Faith.

    Giant Cypress, GF Wahoo, Trek 7.3FX, Schwinn Sprint

  12. #12
    Let's do a Century jppe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Posts
    5,957
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edp773
    Your post got me to scratch off my Subway card to see the resolution. My card said to learn something new with a picture of a head and brain.

    Well, my midlife crisis has been to go back to school. Last semester, I took 17 credit hours at the university plus work. How much more can I forget, I mean learn.

    Just more evidence of the conspiracy theory at work!! Best of luck with the new educational challenge.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •