Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Bring ride (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/171802-bring-ride.html)

Litespeed 02-05-06 07:05 PM

Bring ride

Today I decided I would take a ride out the the Olympic Center by myself since everyone else was interested the football game. I had only done this ride once before with a group, but thought it would be nice to go it alone this time. To say the least, it was a VERY boring ride. Sometimes I love to ride alone, but today I'm guessing because I had no one to keep me distracted that it ended up being boring :(
The scenery was bland, only new housing projects to look at and LOTS of traffic. :mad:
What could I have done to make it more interesting?

pastorbobnlnh 02-06-06 04:34 AM

No less boring than that boring game they broadcast on TV last night. At least you burned up calories and conditioned your body to stay fit!

roscoe50 02-06-06 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
No less boring than that boring game they broadcast on TV last night. At least you burned up calories and conditioned your body to stay fit!

Is it safe to say football season is finally over? Now that's something to cheer about :p

hawkijohn 02-06-06 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh

Like the game or not, gotta admit that Fed X commercial with the cavemen was funny!

DnvrFox 02-06-06 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Litespeed
Today I decided I would take a ride out the the Olympic Center by myself since everyone else was interested the football game. I had only done this ride once before with a group, but thought it would be nice to go it alone this time. To say the least, it was a VERY boring ride. Sometimes I love to ride alone, but today I'm guessing because I had no one to keep me distracted that it ended up being boring :(
The scenery was bland, only new housing projects to look at and LOTS of traffic. :mad:

Read a book while you ride?

Gene James 02-06-06 05:21 PM

Maybe you should have thrown the bike in the car and went to a start point that you've never been to before and ridden roads that were new to you.

edp773 02-06-06 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Litespeed

I find riding outdoors a lot more enjoyable than time on my trainer. If you need to keep your self thinking while riding, then set up some mini goals along the way. Try to reach a certain landmark in less time than you have previously, or set a goal of reaching x miles in x minutes. Throw in a few fast pedal excerises along the way and the ride will became interesting in a different way.

Hope this suggestion will help.