Thread: Bring ride

My Bikes
    Litespeed Blueridge
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring ride

Today I decided I would take a ride out the the Olympic Center by myself since everyone else was interested the football game. I had only done this ride once before with a group, but thought it would be nice to go it alone this time. To say the least, it was a VERY boring ride. Sometimes I love to ride alone, but today I'm guessing because I had no one to keep me distracted that it ended up being boring
    The scenery was bland, only new housing projects to look at and LOTS of traffic.
    What could I have done to make it more interesting?

My Bikes
    Vintage Schwinns, Classy Cannondales, & an '83 Santana Tandem
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No less boring than that boring game they broadcast on TV last night. At least you burned up calories and conditioned your body to stay fit!
    Bob
    Dreaming of Summertime in NH!

Visit my websites:
    FreeWheelSpa.com orpastorbobnlnh.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
    No less boring than that boring game they broadcast on TV last night. At least you burned up calories and conditioned your body to stay fit!
    Is it safe to say football season is finally over? Now that's something to cheer about

My Bikes
    06 Bacchetta Giro 20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
    Like the game or not, gotta admit that Fed X commercial with the cavemen was funny!

Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litespeed
    Today I decided I would take a ride out the the Olympic Center by myself since everyone else was interested the football game. I had only done this ride once before with a group, but thought it would be nice to go it alone this time. To say the least, it was a VERY boring ride. Sometimes I love to ride alone, but today I'm guessing because I had no one to keep me distracted that it ended up being boring
    The scenery was bland, only new housing projects to look at and LOTS of traffic.
    Read a book while you ride?
    Almost gone from the 50+ forum. - Email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for another fun new group of 50+ folks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you should have thrown the bike in the car and went to a start point that you've never been to before and ridden roads that were new to you.

My Bikes
    2004 Giant Cypress, 2006 Trek 7.3 FX, 2007 Gary Fisher Wahoo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litespeed
    I find riding outdoors a lot more enjoyable than time on my trainer. If you need to keep your self thinking while riding, then set up some mini goals along the way. Try to reach a certain landmark in less time than you have previously, or set a goal of reaching x miles in x minutes. Throw in a few fast pedal excerises along the way and the ride will became interesting in a different way.

Hope this suggestion will help.
    Born Again Bicyclist! I found my Faith.

Giant Cypress, GF Wahoo, Trek 7.3FX, Schwinn Sprint