Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: U.S.Weather

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comes to it when the English, who are always moaning about the weather, are getting reports on the atrocious weather you are having. Skiing in New York? And heatwaves in other parts. Even if we start looking at Europe as a whole, we do not have such bizarre weather.

Still, could be worse- you could have deep snow in Florida, and close the snow resorts early- or is that still to come.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's global warming. Or not. Or something like that. All I know is the weather is fantastic where I am right now. Next month it may monsoon, but right now, it's RIDE, BABY, RIDE!
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    Douglas Precision Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a little old lady told me a few years ago, "This weather's all messed up on acount of that derned old El Nintendo."
    Wag more, bark less

Perpetually lost
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw a weather report that says that Orlando, Florida may be in line for some snow. I guess that cold front is still wreaking havoc on the east coast.

Here in the Pacific Northwest, they are forcasting snow by this weekend for the valley floors--unusual for this time of year and unusual for this much warning. This comes after almost a solid month of rain--we're double our average for the year so far. Seattle and the surrounding areas were pushing 30 straight days of rain last month. Maybe time to invest in a new ark? Yeah, the bicycle ark. Two of everything...2 Colnagos, 2 Mercians, 2 Hetchins...

John in Oregon
    "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
    George Bernard Shaw

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    Still, could be worse- you could have deep snow in Florida, and close the snow resorts early- or is that still to come.
    Or even worse, you could be hunting with Dick Cheney..........
    Bud
    * 2009 RANS XStream
    * 2007 RANS Stratus XP
    * 2006 Bacchetta Corsa
    My Blog - uneasy-rider.com

They told me it's ok to post mileage over in the commuting forum, so you'll probably find me there these days.

My Bikes
    Serotta Legend Ti, Romani Columbus SL, Soma Doublecross
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And this is related to 50+ in what way?
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ...'holy *****...what a ride!'"

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the arthritis in my shoulder is kicking up from all the bizarre weather.........

My Bikes
    Serotta Legend Ti, Romani Columbus SL, Soma Doublecross
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe
    Well, the arthritis in my shoulder is kicking up from all the bizarre weather.........
    Maybe so, but anyone who's broken a bone typically feels the same thing, regardless of age.
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ...'holy *****...what a ride!'"

South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, West of Harris Lake, NC
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR-C, Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 05 Rockhopper, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 01 Bianchi Campione, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 97 Lemond
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe
    How about it jppe, after some really moderate weather, we finally got some real winter weather here in North Carolina! Too bad, I was enjoying riding as if it were fall or spring.
    Roccobike BF Official Thread Terminator

Touring senior
    My Bikes
    Cannondale touring bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk about bizarre weather... Here in central Alberta, CANADA our temps for most of Jan and Feb until today, have been in the 50's and 60's (F). Gary, who needs California at that rate?

Usually at this time of year we can expect -20s to -40s! Today it hit about 28 F, and it was viciously cold! Distance riding in Feb is normally unheard of - I could really get used to this!