Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T'was Christmas in Febuary

It was just like Christmas today for me at my lbs,no,not a new bicycle like some people but my new set of Arkel panniers arrived. A set of bright red GT54's and T42's with all the inner bags and rain covers to fit,already to fill up with all the essentials and go on my Grand Tour lookin' o'er the hills in a year.Now if my new bike would just get built and get here.Oh,well I guess I'll just have to wait awhile.

Touring senior
    My Bikes
    Cannondale touring bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great start! Do you have a bike on order, or is it still in the dream category? And just where is that "Grand Tour lookin' o'er the hill" focusing on?

Good Luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bike is on order and should be here this time next month and as far as the tour goes I'm probably bitting off more than I can chew. The tentative plans are to head north from home to Anchorage then to hang a right to Halifax, right to Miami and then San Diego,hop on a plane at Lax,fly to Sydney,ride out the top and back in the bottom,back to Lax then make my way back home to B.C.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehillmedi
    The bike is on order and should be here this time next month and as far as the tour goes I'm probably bitting off more than I can chew. The tentative plans are to head north from home to Anchorage then to hang a right to Halifax, right to Miami and then San Diego,hop on a plane at Lax,fly to Sydney,ride out the top and back in the bottom,back to Lax then make my way back home to B.C.

Wow!! Talk about an adventure!!

Touring senior
    My Bikes
    Cannondale touring bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too bad you're not going to Alaska this summer, maybe our paths would cross. I'll be finishing a C to C (Gulf of Mex to Arctic Ocean) this summer and afterwards should have enough time for at least another 1,000 kms in Alaska

You sure do think big!!