Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 02-25-06, 11:09 PM   #1
rck

Bikes: cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
new bike?

Got up this am spent a few minutes looking for my hearing aid which I was sure that my cat had misplaced! No luck, so I went to the local tavern for a cup of coffee, nice and strong. Then on to Irmas for pie(cherry) and more coffee so by the time I got home I had a caffeine and sugar buzz that wouldn't quit. Started to clean the house then thought better of it. Jumped into the car and off to see the wizard(as it were) at a lbs that I had not yet visited. Spent 1 hour discussing the possibility of a new Gunnar Sport and was most impressed with the guy who is a frame builder as well. He actually listened to what I was saying and asking for rather than just blowing me off and trying to sell me something off the floor. Next week he is to send me a possible parts list and quote. I'll go back to test ride something similiar to the sport and take my c-dale as well. He said that way we can look at possible upgrades or use it to help with the fitting process on a new bike. so I wonder what the color of the month is?
My apologies to the cat-it turns out that I misplaced my hearing aid. However, what once was lost has now been found. T'ws deaf but now I hear.
rck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 12:08 AM   #2
Digital Gee
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite, 2012 Masi Evoluzione
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sorry. Could you repeat that?

Proud member of the original Club Tombay
Digital Gee is offline   Reply With Quote