Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 03-06-06, 08:26 PM   #1
Tubified

Bikes:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Folks,

I would really appreciate your assistance in selecting the best size frame. I am a 50 year old male and am re-entering cycling after a hiatus of several years. I have decided to pick up a Motobecane Immortal. I am 5'11' with a 32.5 inch inseam and am trying to decide between a 56 cm and a 59 cm frame. I spoke with one tech who thought that the 59 was a bit large and another who thought the 56 cm might feel cramped. Perhaps they're both correct! I realize the I could probably adjust either to fit properly, but would be interested in your recommendations. Although I used to put in pretty heavy miles and did some club racing, I expect that my rides will be mostly fitness oriented these days. I know that ideally I would have my local shop fit me, but I have decided to order via the net. Your guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Well I guess nobody had any thoughts on this. I ended up ordering a 59. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by Tubified; 03-11-06 at 09:45 AM. Reason: moved to different forum
Tubified is offline   Reply With Quote