Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of Jersesys

I don't really like loud clothing, but on the bike I wear the highest-viz jersey I can find. With cell phones and other distractions in the the bustling college town I live in, I want to have a chance out there. But apart from all that, which jerseys are happenin' for fifty-plussers? What looks good to you? I'll start with one I've got, but don't wear too much for the above mentioned reasons.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

My Bikes
    Trek 1200c, BMC Streetfire, Gary Fisher Wahoo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some yellow/black Decathalon store brand jerseys I wear pretty much all the time. My bike is silver/black so almost any color goes. I hardly ever get stopped by the bike fashion police, except for them to point out that I have on a BMX style helmet and wear cargo shorts!!

Ride like you STOLE it!

My Bikes
    Seven Ti Tandem, Blue T12 tri bike, 92 Paramount, 93 Schwinn Mesa MTB, Trek 520 tourer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry
    I don't really like loud clothing, but on the bike I wear the highest-viz jersey I can find. With cell phones and other distractions in the the bustling college town I live in, I want to have a chance out there. But apart from all that, which jerseys are happenin' for fifty-plussers? What looks good to you? I'll start with one I've got, but don't wear too much for the above mentioned reasons.
    Rather than jerseys, I wear Underarmour tee shirts, baselayers, etc. They work for me. I go for the yellows, oranges, and reds. I do have one or two biking jerseys. My Pearl Izumi jacket is Hi-Viz. I wear red gloves to contrast. I like to sort of wave at the car approaching from behind sometimes, so they see my red glove. I wear a big triangle on the back of my rack pack for day trips, have a reflective vest for early AM and in short....IF I GET HIT FROM BEHIND THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO BE AIMING FOR ME. I intend to be seen.

Growing old is not for sissies.

My Bikes
    Fuji CCR1, Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bikeforums.net jersey is bright yellow with light green/blue design features. It's a European cut though so the impact of adipose infaltion are more readily felt.

All of my jerseys are brightly colored.
    Just Peddlin' Around

Get A Life - Get A Bike cheeseflavor's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Bianchi San Jose, '87 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been hooked on these jerseys lately. $25, they're a relaxed fit, comfortable and durable. Also, the retailer who sells them has been great.

Steve

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite is my yellow A.B. Ale jersey. People in cars actually seem to slow down to read it.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a half of a Tandem- I wear whatever I can get in a medium and a Large- so that we both have the same top-Saves confusion as we once had a rider wonder where I got the top that changed colour. He was following and most of the ride it was Trek purple, but at Gates(As I jumped off to open gates) it changed to yellow. It was at the end of a long ride, and he was shattered and he did admit that he normally wore glasses. This generally means that we have light coloured tops and for some reason- they all have a lot of white in them. Only thing is the quality- It must be a wicking material and the zip has to be a good length.

Mind you- when it gets to the long sleeve tops- we both have blue tops and both have 2 each and they are made of "Roubaix" material. If you want a warm cycling top- then get it made of this material. Then there is the long sleeeve lightweight Fleece. Invaluable. But does not wick away- just gets damp and cold when you stop- so don't stop.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, West of Harris Lake, NC
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR-C, Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 05 Rockhopper, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 01 Bianchi Campione, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 97 Lemond
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webist
    My bikeforums.net jersey is bright yellow with light green/blue design features. It's a European cut though so the impact of adipose infaltion are more readily felt.

All of my jerseys are brightly colored.
    THey sell bikeforums.net jerseys? How can I get one?
    Roccobike BF Official Thread Terminator

My Bikes
    Shasta Kiliminjaro, Optima Dragon Recumbent
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wear a fluorescent yellow, although the jacket is almost 15 years old, and faded quite a lot. Other than a few months in the summer, I almost always need at least a jacket for the mile-high mornings.
    Jim
    Make a BOLD Statement While Cycling!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roccobike
    THey sell bikeforums.net jerseys? How can I get one?
    They did. All gone. European cut, so the XL I got fits my wife, not me.

Send your picture and bio for our Rogue's Gallery to

bfn50gallery@aol.com

See the gallery at:

http://members.aol.com/bfn50gallery

Please help make this a great addition to the 50+ Forum.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

My Bikes
    Trek 7.7FX & Trek UAV1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also am interested in getting a bike forum jersey. How do I buy one?

My Bikes
    2005 Windsor Kennet, 1982 Raleigh Super Course
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cove
    I also am interested in getting a bike forum jersey. How do I buy one?
    +1

My Bikes
    IF, Litespeed, Bianchi, Fisher, Dahon, Schwinn, Burley
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can always have one made or make one yourself with a jersey pattern from

The Green Pepper.

Then you can go with the "flavour" of your choice.

My Bikes
    '06 Raleigh Cadent road bike,'05 Trek 7200 hybrid,' 83 Schwinn Le Tour SS conversion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For something inexpensive, I would recommend these.

http://www.alertshirt.com/xhaletshirt1.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got several, but my all-time favorite is a "Regione Toscana" jersey that I found in a LBS in Hawaii, of all places. Red and white, with a Pegasus-like flying horse on the front and Italian flags on the shoulders. Makes me feel cool just standing still.

Between Lecanto and Hernando Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually wear yellow or fluorescent yellow/green jerseys. Too many crazy drivers in Atlanta. But I kinda like this one. I'm just too cheap to part with $80 + shipping not knowing how it's cut or will fit.

I'm also kinda picky about the style, cut, pattern, graphics, colors, etc. I won't wear just any old thing.

FYI: I bought 2 BF jerseys when they were available. They were made by Sugoi European cut/fit. The XXL fit me like an American cut L but was way too long. Sold them to BF members who didn't get in on the original order.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

My Bikes
    Shasta Kiliminjaro, Optima Dragon Recumbent
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmax1
    You can always have one made or make one yourself with a jersey pattern from

The Green Pepper.

Then you can go with the "flavour" of your choice.
    I thought the Green Pepper was selling new bicycle jerseys for $5-$6, then I realized these were just patterns. I'd probably make a mess of that.
    Jim
    Make a BOLD Statement While Cycling!

In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH

Dang, wish I hadn't seen that. Now i want one.
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH
    I'm also kinda picky about the style, cut, pattern, graphics, colors, etc. I won't wear just any old thing.
    Any item of clothing has to be tried on to see how it fits. A medium in one manufacturer is not the same as another medium in another manufacturer.
    Just as I will not go clothes shopping with my wife- My wife will not come cycling clothing shopping with me. I am as bad as my Daughters. 2 hours looking at the tops or shorts or tights- then selecting the two or three I like- then try them on- one will fit better than the rest so take the other 2 back but pick up another 2 of the one I want- in the same size and try them on. One of those items will fit better than the others so that is the one I will buy.Normally takes about 3 hours so go to a big shop in London and make a day of it. The wife will meet me in a cafe somewhere while she does her own shopping. Unfortunately, if I am also buying for my Tandem co-rider, he gets the same shirt in the same colour in a large size- without the advantage of trying on first.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Semper Fidelis
    My Bikes
    Tiemeyer Road Bike & Ridley Domicles
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RonH
    cool jersey.

My Bikes
    88 Schwin Voyageur, 84 Schwinn World Sport, 85 Univega Alpina Uno, 85 Fuji Espree, 09 Novara Strada, 06 Jamis Durango, 03 Specialized Expediton Sport, 09 Surly LHT, 12 Novara Gotham
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with Lion Steve, they are great shirts and the company is very good.

Hammer Man, Semper Fi!! Where did you find the jerseys?

Semper Fidelis
    My Bikes
    Tiemeyer Road Bike & Ridley Domicles
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kLW

sorry about the slow response, left work Sat @ 4;15. got a fast ride, and sunday 75 miler, so back at work being Monday.

Go to primal wear.com
    you can order direct or performace did carry them.

SEMPER FI

My Bikes
    88 Schwin Voyageur, 84 Schwinn World Sport, 85 Univega Alpina Uno, 85 Fuji Espree, 09 Novara Strada, 06 Jamis Durango, 03 Specialized Expediton Sport, 09 Surly LHT, 12 Novara Gotham
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!
    Nice ride!