Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuesday/Thursday Rides

We've started the 30+ mile rides up again this week with the daylights savings time change. We had 12 show up tonight and we had a terrific ride-noone got dropped. It was just the type of riding I was needing to get the heart rate elevated and push conditioning up a level. We averaged around 21 mph which was really good for this time of the year.

While I was gasping for breath at a stop sign I took a quick picture of some of the guys. Enjoy!

By the way, the new lightweight bike is in and weighs at least 3 lbs less than my Madone. Will get pics soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe
    We've started the 30+ mile rides up again this week with the daylights savings time change. We had 12 show up tonight and we had a terrific ride-noone got dropped. It was just the type of riding I was needing to get the heart rate elevated and push conditioning up a level. We averaged around 21 mph which was really good for this time of the year.

While I was gasping for breath at a stop sign I took a quick picture of some of the guys. Enjoy!

By the way, the new lightweight bike is in and weighs at least 3 lbs less than my Madone. Will get pics soon.
    I have kept riding throughout the winter nights but on the Tandem we do have a problem. It goes at a different speed to everyone else and so our midweek rides are taken "Duet" (Can't call it solo with two of us on it). In this way we can go at our pace for the whole of the ride, Don't have to stop for the group to collect and don't have to put in more effort than we want to catch the fit rider up the hills.

Mind you It does get boring occasionally when the other rider is just an extension of yourself and cadence- gearchanges and speed are exactly as you want it to be.
    We don't have other riders to goad into overexerting themselves up the 15% hill, don't scare the daylights out of them by taking the direct line over the roots and cutting out their escape route for when they have to bail out- and Don't have anyone to "Kill" on the flat by gradually raising the speed and leaving then for dead with just two turns of the pedals. We have that on the Sunday rides- but even they will be missed shortly as we try a few Road rides to tune our fitness. Then we will be back on our own again.

3lbs lighter bike shortly eh!!!! Can't wait for the first ride report.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Litespeed Blueridge
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have started up my Tuesday and Thursday rides as well. Couldn't go last Tuesday though because it rained. Yesterday I decided to do a hill that I only only done once before. At the time when I did it I thought it was a piece of cake , now that I did it by myself, different story. I had forgotten that when I rode it with two other people who are VERY slow on climbing that I had actually stopped about 4 or 5 times to let them catch up with me. This time I tried making it all the way up the long hill without stopping, but my back has been given me trouble, so I actually had to stop once. Once my back is better I should (hopefully) be able to make it without stopping. As it was, it took me 10 minutes to climb it. Well at least that hill will give me a goal to work toward. I probably won't do the hill every week, but I will get it in at least once a month or more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe
    Yikes! Dude, I seriously want to hear more about this bike! Pictures, ride report, and a complete rundown on all the components. Inquiring minds want to know!!!