Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tenth Anniversary!

abcd
    Last edited by Big Paulie; 04-19-06 at 04:04 AM.

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! That's fantastic! I'm coming up on my first anniversary in two months -- but ten years, that's really saying something! Which has been your favorite bike in all that time?
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have afew months for my 16th aniversary and I can tell you- I nearly gave up around the tenth. Luckily I did not- as to favourite bike- DG. Perhaps I had better not give you any ideas but it was around 97- I had a custom frame built and selected parts and built my own Customised bike. Unfortunately had to let it go when the body required something different but still in the hands of one of my friends.

Big Paulie-10 years and 30,000 miles- That is a milestone. More milage as a yearly average than I have done. Where and how did you celebrate?
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Paulie

Actually, I was thinking about driving down to San Diego this weekend, and ride up and down the Coronado bike path searching for unsuspecting father/daughter combos on crusiers to drop!

Hey, that sounds like fun! Mind if I/we join you?
    2012 Masi Evoluzione

My Bikes
    Electra Townie 7D
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Are you getting that special someone an anniversary present?

My Bikes
    1984 Peugeot P8; 2006 Trek 5200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!!
    That is a major milestone!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations, Big Paulie, on the 10 year anniversary! You've earned the respect you deserve from your fellow cyclists!

It all starts so innocently... I've always kept daily journals. My grandfather gave me that habit, but I digress. Anyway, on Sunday, April 18, 1982, my daily journal has this simple entry:

"Washed car. Pretty day so Jacob and I flew a kite. Also, went for a bike ride. Quit smoking thee weeks ago today."

Who knew that with that little bike ride, my first as an adult, that 24 years later I'd have over 135,000 miles. It all starts off so innocently...

Dennis

P.S. Jacob was my then my 4-1/2 year old son.
    Last edited by Trsnrtr; 04-07-06 at 02:39 PM.
    Dennis T

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Paulie
    Oh, you mean me? I was thinking of a jaunt to the continent, but maybe next year!
    I thought the "someone special" was the bike -- and the question is are you going to get your bike some bling?
    2012 Masi Evoluzione

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the weight of the Rivendal Rambouillet? It has caught my eye and I know it is not a super lightweight, but is it 22 lbs or 30 lbs or what?

Berry Pie..the Holy Grail GrannyGear's Avatar
    Weaving thru the cowpud outside Modesto CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Big Paulie]

Granny Gear rides a Rivendell Romulus, with has identical geometry, so he can weigh in on his thoughts, which of course might vary.QUOTE]

I thought I heard my name. Not sure how to take that "weigh in" comment.... I do have a Romulus (a lower priced knock-off of the Rambouillet)...its the bike with a noble Roman for a headbadge rather than a Rambouillet sheep. Seriously, I do like the Rom very much. Sport touring geometry, all steel frame--it tracks arrow straight, especially on sweeping downhills, eats and vaporizes road buzz for long rides...a great "all-day", any surface bike. I have an old up-right racer which is good for those 30 milers with friends where you're elbow to elbow and feel better with a "quicker" response. I also have an old light-footed rhinocerus Bridgestone RB-T which feels good no matter what weird stuff I bolt on.

Big Paulie...congrats on your milestone....Be Proud!! I've noticed that Gary is getting out of hand again...not so much impertinent as obsessive-compulsive. We need to keep nipping at his heels before he gets kicked out of his apartment complex for excessive and promiscuous bikery.

With rain clouds (yet endlessly again-- is there no respite!!) over my house, I'm off to the garage for a spin on the boredom trainer--just how much boredom can I withstand before I snap. I spin and listen to the latest Fred podcast...a life saver.
    ..... "I renewed my youth, to outward appearance, by mounting a bicycle for the first time." Mark Twain, Speeches

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!! That's a lot of tenure and a lot of miles!! That gives some of us newbies something to shoot for!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoah. Being at the just-over-six-months and just-over-2K-miles marks m'self, I stand in awe. But that's why I come here... inspiration. Cycle on...