I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great ride...

Had a great ride today. It was one of those epiph... epiph... peak exerience things!

I've decided that these days, 17 mph is my favorite speed that I can sustain for long periods of time, wind and road conditions permitting. It's just the right speed to feel like I'm really moving along, without missing any of the scenery.

Anyway, after the first couple of miles when several drivers seemed to want to push me off the road (DnvrFox, if that's part of your curse it's NOT funny!), got into the zone and enjoyed twenty one miles of San Diego bliss.

I've also decided that 67 degrees is my favorite temperature for cycling.

As you can see, I'm making lots of important decisions today.
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on the tempurature. The high here in northern Colorado was 68, just about perfect cycling weather.
    No epiphanies though, just a great day to be riding.

My Bikes
    1974 Schwinn Super Sport, 2003 Trek 7500FX and 5500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got in 27 today. The tornados finally cleared out early this morning, (had our last alert at 12:30 am) and it warmed up to 52 by 1 pm. It was partly sunny, but the cross winds off the cold front picked back up and it was a bit scary to get above 15 mph on the way back in.

Berry Pie..the Holy Grail GrannyGear's Avatar
    Weaving thru the cowpud outside Modesto CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got in 30+ into the breeze ..... our first early spring-like day (upper 50's) without gray skies in too long a while. Very strange spring here in CA. [Remember Ming the Merciless, Flash Gordon's nemesis-- could he be pointing his destructo ray at Earth again? Always had the hots for his daughter...Dale was so girl-next-door.) Clouds and rain back again tomorrow.

No epi's.....just the realization that I gotta get a lot more miles in to get as fit as I'd like to be by early summer. Also realized how much I like Riv RuffyTuffy tires on bad road surfaces. Also, how much better a Clif bar tastes when you earn it. Also how I shoulda ridden more during the winter....I should enroll at the Cycling Academy of Stapfam.
    Last edited by GrannyGear; 04-08-06 at 06:32 PM.
    ..... "I renewed my youth, to outward appearance, by mounting a bicycle for the first time." Mark Twain, Speeches

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those darn thunderstorm and tornado warnings hung around most of the day in NC. I really, really wanted to do a ride out of SC that had a lot of climbing but didn't want to travel 2 hours just to ride in a thunderstorm. I thought things has improved enough to ride so I got all dressed and hopped on the bike and never made it out of the driveway. Meanest looking clouds you've ever seen were rolling in. Oh well, tomorrow promises to be a better day.

Glad some of you had some great rides.

I was able to hit 200 golf balls to get ready for the upcoming Pro-Am though....but would have much rather been on the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got in 24, drafting behind Mrs. Raket pretty much the whole way. Cold and windy in upstate NY today... about 35 degrees. Tomorrow I'm going to try my first ever club ride, with the local cycling club that I've just joined. I'm probably gonna get dropped like a cheatin' girlfriend, but we'll see how it goes.

My Bikes
    '73 Schwinn Varsity, 1964 Schwinn Racer, 1954 Schwinn Jaguar, 1950's Puch Bergmeister, 1980 Schwinn High Plains, 1973 Flandria, 1980's Diamondback Sorrento, 2001 Jamis Aurora
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rode my age today!!! 51 miles, and everyone remind me not to have any more birthdays! I hit the 40 mile mark and still felt strong, so did another 20 mile loop. The wind came up about 25mph on my last leg, right in my face and ruined my average. Now my quads are letting me know how early in the year it is...

No Brain, No pain!!!

My Bikes
    Trek Medone 5.2 Dont forget the Res white and Blue a Trek 7100 Hybrid and Silvr vinage Aluminum Trek with Downrail shifterand wheels that wont stay true
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    54 today. To the Beach and Back. Cruised between 17 and 21 depending on the wind. Slow for a Medone but fast for me. I paseed a 14 year old on a tiny single speed and he cam right back on me flying at 18 mph. Of course I couldn't let the little bugger drop me.The additional 2500 bucks I spent on my bike beat the young legs....LOL...small victories..also I leaned a couple things today
    1. Eating and evn small climbs do not mix
    2. The lungs do a poor job in digesting Ciff Bars
    3. Wearing a green yellow and red Jersey with a blue helmet and a red white and blue bike is not only a fashion disaster but is dangerous. The local fauna mistook me for a source of nectar and being disappointed in not receiving same decided to commit Hari Kari on my face.
    4. Carry a credit card. Apparently it can be used to remove the bee's stinger and some of the venom.
    5. Cyclist are a cool bunch. I asked a hammer head to look at my face as I couldnt be sure what had happenned. Not only did he stop to help he found someone with a credit card and removed the stinger!

All in all a great ride....

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gee
    I've also decided that 67 degrees is my favorite temperature for cycling.

As you can see, I'm making lots of important decisions today.
    Just about to start my ride and Temp is just above freezing- The wind has turned from the North again. After wednesdays ride when I froze- its back to winter clothing so think of me in about 2 hours time when I'm tucking into a breakfast. Only planning on 30 miles with about 5 of it road. As Stuart, the other Tandem half, is away for two weeks, have to get the Bianchi out and see if it still works. Reminds me- Haven't cleaned it since someone borrowed it a month ago so better scrape the Mud off.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan