I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think I pulled a groin muscle

And I think I pulled it on my darned coaster, because I thought it would be fun to push it for a few miles. Obviously, bike is slow and heavy and only one speed, so I was getting a good sweaty workout. But the fit is a little off, which wouldn't be an issue on short putzy rides. I could feel different high inner thigh muscles working and getting sore. Must have over done it, now my left upper inner thigh is a basket case today.

I suppose the only thing is resting it?

Day-um!

Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank heavens. I thought you were going to tell us about an exploit with your inflatable girlfriend.
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gee

And I think I pulled it on my darned coaster, because I thought it would be fun to push it for a few miles. Obviously, bike is slow and heavy and only one speed, so I was getting a good sweaty workout. But the fit is a little off, which wouldn't be an issue on short putzy rides. I could feel different high inner thigh muscles working and getting sore. Must have over done it, now my left upper inner thigh is a basket case today.

I suppose the only thing is resting it?

Day-um!

Could be that you have found a muscle that you didn't think you had and just worked it hard. Give it a couple of days before riding- any of the bikes- and then take a gentle ride to the LBS and look for the new bike-- "Just Browsing"
    Could also be that you have done a bit of damage so take care not to trip over the bikes on the floor.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't ridden today, and my leg feels worse as the day wears on. When I walk, I'm sort of almost kind of limping. I'm going to try RICE and see if that helps. Ugh!
    2012 Masi Evoluzione

In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry big guy. Didn't mean to make a joke at your expense. Didn't realize it was hurting so bad. One of the things I've learned the hard way is it takes AT LEAST twice as long to recover as you think it will and about TEN TIMES LONGER than you think it has any right to. Of all the virtues, patience is one of my least favorite. It's right up there next to chastity.
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry
    Sorry big guy. Didn't mean to make a joke at your expense. Didn't realize it was hurting so bad. One of the things I've learned the hard way is it takes AT LEAST twice as long to recover as you think it will and about TEN TIMES LONGER than you think it has any right to. Of all the virtues, patience is one of my least favorite. It's right up there next to chastity.
    Blackberry -- no offense taken. Even gave me a chuckle, so don't worry 'bout that at all. And I agree with you about patience. I want more patience, and I WANT IT NOW, DAMMIT!
    2012 Masi Evoluzione

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have muscles in your groin?

No, really - so sorry.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm probably an idiot (and no, you don't necessarily have to agree), but I took out the Trek since DnvrFox keeps giving my Cypress a flat, and climbed aboard to see if I could ride. I could. I pretended it was a "recovery" ride and did a leisurely five miles around the neighborhood. No pain.

I just couldn't get OFF the bike, however. Stabbing pain in my left groin area when I tried to dismount. So something's going on, darn it. But the sun is setting, so I'd better be going -- I think I can do five more miles at a slow pace. Then I'll ice it.
    2012 Masi Evoluzione

Desert Rat
    My Bikes
    GT Timberline (1990?), Trek 1100 (199?), Giant OCR3 (2007)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a doctor but I do have an experience that may be similar.
    I went water skiing after not doing it for a long time and after a day on the ski's the next day the inside
    muscles of mu legs were so sore I couldn't walk for a couple of days after I first got out of bed especially.
    Seems like if I tried to raise my leg latterly, much like you would do to dismount a bike it would be more
    painful.

Anyway hope you get better soon! I hate pain.
    Have I mentioned that I love riding my bikes?
    GT Timberline (1989), Home build (2012), Giant OCR3 (2007)

Jack aka:makeitso

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gee
    Well, I'm probably an idiot (and no, you don't necessarily have to agree), but I took out the Trek since DnvrFox keeps giving my Cypress a flat,
    Since I am only about 30 miles from you right now, you need to be double careful tomorrow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought this was about that bikini wearing beach bunny roller blader you picked up while riding your cruiser at Mission Bay.
    Silver Eagle Pilot