Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is getting funnier and funnier.

Traffic Jammer --
    To be a 50+ appropriate "old fart elitist bastard" model, OFEB, it needs (at a minimum):
    triple chainring, bigger rear cogs (maybe 11-32)
    fatter tires
    upsloping stem
    riser handlebars
    large saddlebag
    etc, etc, etc......and so on and so forth

love the can't suck this wheel pissy tires.

Been Around Awhile I-Like-To-Bike's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Vaterland and Ragazzi
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Paulie
    This machine could be "Standard Issue" for the 50+ Forum members!!! Any one who posts a minimum of once a day for a calender years gets one free!

Each member, however, would have to add their own "I-Don't-Care-How-Many-People-I-Drive-Away-From-Cycling-With-My-Cocky-Attitude" peddles, to match their "Crusier-Bikes-Blow" clipless shoes and their "Holier-Than-Thou" socks, not to mention their "I-Am-A-Brain-Dead-Conformist" helmet.
    By Jove! You've got it! Except for adding a superfluous sticker to the helmet.

In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildwood
    This thread is getting funnier and funnier.

Traffic Jammer --
    To be a 50+ appropriate "old fart elitist bastard" model, OFEB, it needs (at a minimum):
    triple chainring, bigger rear cogs (maybe 11-32)
    fatter tires
    upsloping stem
    riser handlebars
    large saddlebag
    etc, etc, etc......and so on and so forth

love the can't suck this wheel pissy tires.
    Gadzooks. Have you been looking in my bike shed again? This is getting scary.
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

My Bikes
    1980 Schwinn World Sport, 1982 Schwinn Super Le Tour, 1984 (?) Univega Single Speed/Fixed conversion, Kogswell G58 fixed gear, 1987 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. that's the bike for me. I would want a mirror though.... after I drop some 20 year old I want to watch them sitting back there like so much roadkill trying in vain to recover enough for another useless attack.

Dogbait

My Bikes
    1980 Schwinn World Sport, 1982 Schwinn Super Le Tour, 1984 (?) Univega Single Speed/Fixed conversion, Kogswell G58 fixed gear, 1987 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How 'bout some team jerseys? Can we get them made cheap? Do they come in xxxlarge? What colors (colours) are considered serious?

Dogbait

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbait
    How 'bout some team jerseys? Can we get them made cheap? Do they come in xxxlarge? What colors (colours) are considered serious?

Dogbait
    I would prefer mauve.
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaffic Jammer

as requested.....the new '07 Drove - Elitist Bastard with new can't suck-this-wheel Pissy tires
    To take the name of one of the best named MTB's in the UK- That bike is the DGS BLX. That is the true name of it and is a well treasured bike if you have one.

Incidentally- A Kids TV program was doing a Prog on Mountain Biking and one of the presenters rode one of the races. He was Given a DGS BLX as his ride bike- but they had to modify the name so as not to offend. Luckily the frame was white so Typewriter correction ink blocked out part of the name to read GS LX.

Boobed again- gone onto the site to prove the name and they have changed it. Now a bit more explicit but site is http://www.robertscycles.com/p_mtb.html
    Last edited by stapfam; 04-22-06 at 02:26 PM.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    To take the name of one of the best named MTB's in the UK- That bike is the DGS BLX. That is the true name of it and is a well treasured bike if you have one.

Incidentally- A Kids TV program was doing a Prog on Mountain Biking and one of the presenters rode one of the races. He was Given a DGS BLX as his ride bike- but they had to modify the name so as not to offend. Luckily the frame was white so Typewriter correction ink blocked out part of the name to read GS LX.

Boobed again- gone onto the site to prove the name and they have changed it. Now a bit more explicit but site is http://www.robertscycles.com/p_mtb.html
    I guess I don't understand. What part of DGS BLX would be offensive?
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking the BLX has to do with "bollix."

This according to my online dictionary. Stapfam can correct me. He actually speaks English:

Verb 1. bollix - make a mess of, destroy or ruin; "I botched the dinner and we had to eat out"; "the pianist screwed up the difficult passage in the second movement"
    Synonyms: botch, bumble, fumble, botch up, muff, blow, flub, screw up, ball up, spoil, muck up, bungle, fluff, bollix up, bollocks, bollocks up, bobble, mishandle, louse up, foul up, mess up, fu*k up
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

My Bikes
    Waterford, Orbea, Giant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Har har!! Agreed, funniest photoshop ever. But......someone has to be anal, eh? It says "ELIST"

Dances With Cars TRaffic Jammer's Avatar
    My Bikes
    TBL Onyx Pro(ss converted), Pake SS (starting to look kinda pimped)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn!!!!!

whew

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The letters "DG" didn't tip you off?
    This bike was around well before DG took up riding. In coloquial English The D*gs B@ll&cks means the best that it is possible to get. Fortunately- in polite circles, and in particular in front of Children, the word B@ll&cks, is not used in case it Offends. Hence the shortening of the Coloquialism to 6 letters, so that at a glance, although you may take a second glance to ensure that it is not a swear word, it cannot offend. Unfortunately The same cannot be said about our Gary. No amount of shortening his name will bring him on a par to the Mutts Nuts.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought "Elist" was French for elitist...
    No - Elist is the official internet "list" ("E" list) kept and used by the internet police to identify "Elitist" bicyclists.
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 04-26-06 at 04:04 PM.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

My Bikes
    Trek 7700, C'dale R2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guy's
    Greetings from Wickenburg, AZ, Day 3 of Fast Cross America Bike Tour.
    It is really a work out so far. Tomorrow will be the most difficult climbing Day. I hear 11,000 ft total for the day. I will let you know how that goes. To this point I have managed to stay with the first 30% of bikers to arrive at the motel. It is definitely a mental thing. Training a lot on the CycleOps Fl2 was relevant.
    More later. Got to sleep and get up at 5:00 AM every morning. Arrive at Motel from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234