Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 06-09-06, 08:02 PM   #1
stercomm
On the road again

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Cannondale R6000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What do you think?

I知 must be slow as I just realized in the past week that above and beyond the normal reasons for enjoying cycling I also enjoy it as it meets my need to constantly be in motion. I always have to be moving whether it is tapping a foot bouncing a leg, rubbing two fingers together. My wife tells me I even shake/tap a leg when I知 sleeping. The constant motion and pedaling soothes the motion beast within and gives me a real peace as I知 pounding along.

So the question is, are there any other hyperactive animals out there who use cycling as a vehicle to soothe the motion need within?
stercomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 06:09 AM   #2
Red Baron

Bikes: Not enough
I'd answer this but I am Late..........need to ride.......
Old 06-10-06, 08:07 AM   #3
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I can't stop typing..........I can't stop typing............I can't stop typing..........

Sorry........couldn't resist. No issues here as far as I know.
jppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 08:08 AM   #4
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I can't stop typing..........I can't stop typing............I can't stop typing..........

Sorry........couldn't resist. No issues here as far as I know.
jppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 09:45 AM   #5
NOS88

Bikes:
I suspect there are. There was a related thread in April about ADD, some of those posting also mentioned ADHD. I think most folks felt that cycling was helpful for that and a vareity of other things. Seems like the sentiment was that this was a better way, when it works, than using chemicals to help modify.

Other ADD'ers out there?
Old 06-10-06, 09:48 AM   #6
Digital Gee
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite, 2012 Masi Evoluzione
Quote:
Originally Posted by stercomm
I知 must be slow as I just realized in the past week that above and beyond the normal reasons for enjoying cycling I also enjoy it as it meets my need to constantly be in motion. I always have to be moving whether it is tapping a foot bouncing a leg, rubbing two fingers together. My wife tells me I even shake/tap a leg when I知 sleeping. The constant motion and pedaling soothes the motion beast within and gives me a real peace as I知 pounding along.

So the question is, are there any other hyperactive animals out there who use cycling as a vehicle to soothe the motion need within?
Do you have the dreaded Restless Leg Syndrome? Thank God our pharmaceutical companies have been hard at work on this one -- there's an ad on TV now.

But seriously, I'm also like you -- tapping my foot, endlessly tossing a pencil (ala Johnnie Carson), etc. And this is when I'm riding! (rimshot). Seriously, I can relate.

Proud member of the original Club Tombay
Digital Gee is offline   Reply With Quote