On the road again
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Cannondale R6000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think?

I知 must be slow as I just realized in the past week that above and beyond the normal reasons for enjoying cycling I also enjoy it as it meets my need to constantly be in motion. I always have to be moving whether it is tapping a foot bouncing a leg, rubbing two fingers together. My wife tells me I even shake/tap a leg when I知 sleeping. The constant motion and pedaling soothes the motion beast within and gives me a real peace as I知 pounding along.

So the question is, are there any other hyperactive animals out there who use cycling as a vehicle to soothe the motion need within?

My Bikes
    Not enough
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd answer this but I am Late..........need to ride.......
    **Fate is a fickle thing, and in the end the true measure of a person is not fate itself, but how they master it**

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't stop typing..........I can't stop typing............I can't stop typing..........

Sorry........couldn't resist. No issues here as far as I know.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't stop typing..........I can't stop typing............I can't stop typing..........

Sorry........couldn't resist. No issues here as far as I know.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect there are. There was a related thread in April about ADD, some of those posting also mentioned ADHD. I think most folks felt that cycling was helpful for that and a vareity of other things. Seems like the sentiment was that this was a better way, when it works, than using chemicals to help modify.

Other ADD'ers out there?
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stercomm
    I知 must be slow as I just realized in the past week that above and beyond the normal reasons for enjoying cycling I also enjoy it as it meets my need to constantly be in motion. I always have to be moving whether it is tapping a foot bouncing a leg, rubbing two fingers together. My wife tells me I even shake/tap a leg when I知 sleeping. The constant motion and pedaling soothes the motion beast within and gives me a real peace as I知 pounding along.

So the question is, are there any other hyperactive animals out there who use cycling as a vehicle to soothe the motion need within?
    Do you have the dreaded Restless Leg Syndrome? Thank God our pharmaceutical companies have been hard at work on this one -- there's an ad on TV now.

But seriously, I'm also like you -- tapping my foot, endlessly tossing a pencil (ala Johnnie Carson), etc. And this is when I'm riding! (rimshot). Seriously, I can relate.
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay