User Tag List

My Bikes
    a bunch
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any BF 50+ers members in BTCNJ ?

1st, apologies for the 'regional' nature of this; but 'ride partners' forum seems poorly visited...

'BTCNJ' - Bik touring club of North Jersey

Being in North NJ for the month, I found this great group (diverse-large-active) last year and started 'wheel-suckin' on their rides more often. Always with great fun and their easy acceptance of 'foreigners'.

Having a hard time deciding between 2 upcoming rides on Sunday - Sussex County 60+ mile B/C+ (sounds like an easy ramble thru cycling heaven - YES - truly cycling heaven !!! )
    or
    Bergen County (Saddle River Pk) to Harriman St PK - listed as 65ish miles at a B+ pace (which is also very comfortable and sighsee-y)

ANY 50+ BFers, or younger lurkers planning on doing either??? Would be fun to connect

Here's their ride schedule URL.
    Highly recommended (cyclezen 5 'Flower-Power' rated) as a non-racing group for anyone in North NJ, NYC area looking for a Bike Club.

In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My two cents--Sussex, if only because it may be the least crowded an most beautiful part of the state, or it was 20 years ago when I lived in NJ. You'll get a good workout in Sussex. Plenty of hills. Glad you found a nice group to ride with.
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry
    My two cents--Sussex, if only because it may be the least crowded an most beautiful part of the state, or it was 20 years ago when I lived in NJ. You'll get a good workout in Sussex. Plenty of hills. Glad you found a nice group to ride with.

+1
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright