User Tag List

My Bikes
    2007 Felt F55, Vintage Univega
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rode my age plus some

Went on my Saturday morning group ride and we did 42 miles. When we got to the end--I still had something left and wanted to go 10 more miles so that I could say that I have ridden my age (52). One of my friends decided to go with me and we ended up riding his age (55). The average for the whole morning was a little better than 17 mph. I am pretty tired---but am gaining confidence that I can ride the century I have my eye on in October.

I think I have found a good saddle and shorts combination for me. I bought a Specialized Avatar saddle and it seems to work best when I wear my Performance LiquiCell shorts. I think that combination will be comfortable enough for me to ride 100 miles. It certainly was comfortable enough for 55.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrific!! If you're that comfortable and not too tired with the 55 miles today at 17 mph a century will be a snap.

My Bikes
    Merlin Fortius, Specialized Crossroads & Rockhopper, Serotta Fierte, Pedal Force RS2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - good job! did my age today too, but only about a half mile over ... bike was my Serotta Fierte Cross w/700x25s, saddle was a Brooks B17, and clips were the new Crank Bros. Smarties - so overall, a very comfortable ride in 95F weather with light winds out of the east...

My Bikes
    2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done!
    I'm the world's forgotten boy. The one who's searchin', searchin' to destroy.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All these poeple doing their age rides- its making me feel tired. That settles it- next week, subject to NO rain- then I will have to try out the Road bike.

I said I would try and get pictures of the London to Brighton Ride for you. Round trip is just on 65 miles offroad, and that is the direct route. That should be my age ride for this year- and If I get to Brighton to show you the finish- then it should be near 100miles.
    ALL SUBJECT TO NO RAIN. I have shrunk enough for this year.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this talk of "riding my age" has me hankering to try it too. I haven't done any rides this year over 40 miles, although I did do two 30 milers back in April. Does two rides in one day equivalent to your age count?

The Improbable Bulk Little Darwin's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Many
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildwood
    All this talk of "riding my age" has me hankering to try it too. I haven't done any rides this year over 40 miles, although I did do two 30 milers back in April. Does two rides in one day equivalent to your age count?
    In my opinion it does count. Otherwise we need to start a thread to discuss how long a break makes it not count.
    Slow Ride Cyclists of NEPA

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson