Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Another rainy Sunday.......

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-06, 10:04 AM
Geezer Member

Bikes: Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think I'll go find a Weatherman and sacrifice him to the weather Gods.... maybe that would appease them.
Old 06-25-06, 10:51 AM
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grampy™
I think I'll go find a Weatherman and sacrifice him to the weather Gods.... maybe that would appease them.
I think they prefer mothers-in-law.

Proud member of the original Club Tombay
Old 06-25-06, 01:32 PM
Desert Rat

Bikes: GT Timberline (1990?), Trek 1100 (199?), Giant OCR3 (2007)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Move to SoCal.

EDIT:

So far this year in the desert of the desert we've had a whoppin' 1.31" of rain.

EDIT. EDIT:

Of course it's over 100 every day.
Old 06-25-06, 02:12 PM
On the road again

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Cannondale R6000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How hard is it raining? I'm lucky in that about a mile away is a 2 mile loop in a residential area and unless it is thundering or coming down in torrents I'll go over there on a rainy day and just do lots of loops. Once you get fully soaked it doesn't feel that bad. In the spring when it is still a bit cold I'll wear somr waterproof gear and stay reasonably dry; in the summer if the temp is above 65F I'll just go out and get soaked. One ride in March, it was rainy and winding and I'd been at it for about 45 minutes and was feeling nasty and along comes a car full of high school kids and they start blaring the theme from Rocky as they pace me and gave me the thumbs up, picked me up for the rest of the ride.
Old 06-25-06, 02:26 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Just spent another two hours in the garden watering the damn thing. Thanks to the Drought conditions in the South= Hose pipes are banned so it is hand watering everything.

Mind you- No rain- High temperatures do not mean Good riding weather. This mornings ride had a Sea mist all over it so a Pertex top had to be worn to keeep out the cold damp. No SUN at all. Bit different to last weel with the London to Brighton. That was hot sunny and only a gentle breeze. Some of the spectators were kind and generous and had their Hoses out Giving the riders a cooling Shower. That great British Blind Eye was involved over the hose pipe ban and at times it was very welcome- Till I got to an enthusiatic family that had 3 hoses out- Signalled to them for a quich hose down- only to find all 3 on me. After that- it was just taking bottles of water over the head thankyou.

Spike Milligan