Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Milk bone and the lap Dog.... (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/203598-milk-bone-lap-dog.html)

Grampy™ 06-14-06 06:10 AM

Milk bone and the lap Dog....

I've got a friend that we call "Milk Bone" because when we have a group sprint due to a dog he's always the slowest.
Anyway, I was riding last night south of town and decided it was getting close to that dangerous time for cyclists to be on the road, so I took the City Trail home. About half way accross town I see a familiar rider up ahead. it's MIlk Bone...... with his girl friend Niki.......and what the heck is this? Milk Bone has one of those little trailers for kids on the back of his bike.

As I come up behind them and say hi, we all three came to a stop. I get a closer look at the trailer and it's not a kid I see inside, it's Niki's little lap dog. I look at Milk Bone with a look that says "you are soooo busted", and he looks at me as if to say, "Puhleeeese Grampy, don't tell the guys."

Here is my dilema..... should I tell the guys? Or hold it over Milk Bone for the next hundred years? :D

Blackberry 06-14-06 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Grampy™
Here is my dilema..... should I tell the guys?:D

Seems like Milk Bone is onto something. At least he curls up next to a girlfriend and not a warm computer at night. These little dogs are chick magnets.

Grampy™ 06-14-06 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Blackberry
Seems like Milk Bone is onto something. At least he curls up next to a girlfriend and not a warm computer at night. These little dogs are chick magnets.

It's not his dog..... It's HERS.

jppe 06-14-06 07:34 AM

If you only had a digital camera........that would be a good one for years!!

You can ever tell the guys--if you do you will have used up your chip!!

ollo_ollo 06-14-06 07:46 AM

Might work as a defense if another dog gives chase. Could help to have your own dog to bark back!

NOS88 06-14-06 09:03 AM

I'd say you have a few choices here:

1. Tell everyone you know.

2. See how many free lunches you can get out of Milk Bone to keep your mouth shut.

3. Get a trailer and cruise, looking for women with small dogs.

4. Quietly talk to the group you ride with. Ask everyone to cough up a few bucks and then buy Milk Bone a small wicker basket to mount on the front of his bike. Present it to him on a group ride saying that it's much easier to use the basket than doing the whole trailer thing. Or, take up a collection and get him a dog collar in his size.... once again presenting on a group ride.

5. Keep it a confidence, for which he will be ever grateful and he'll know that he owes you one down the line.

2manybikes 06-14-06 09:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Blackberry
These little dogs are chick magnets.

So true.......amazingly so......

stapfam 06-14-06 12:46 PM

I'd watch out for Milkbone if I were you. He's in training. Bet he started out with just an empty trailer, then put the dog in to increase the weight. End of the Month and it will be a St.Bernard in the thing. All that weight he is pulling about won't arf improve his sprint speed when he gets back to the group. If I was you- I would tell the rest of the group about his secret training programme so they can get training too.

Grampy™ 06-14-06 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by stapfam
I'd watch out for Milkbone if I were you. He's in training. Bet he started out with just an empty trailer, then put the dog in to increase the weight. End of the Month and it will be a St.Bernard in the thing. All that weight he is pulling about won't arf improve his sprint speed when he gets back to the group. If I was you- I would tell the rest of the group about his secret training programme so they can get training too.

Like I kind of owe it to the rest of the guys??? Hmmmmm hadn't thought of it that way......

partbug 06-14-06 08:04 PM

Looks like milkbone found a bone of his own, While you are on the computer, Let him be.

2manybikes 06-15-06 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by stapfam

Shhhhh! Don't let the secret out ! :)

NeilM 06-25-06 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by 2manybikes
So true.......amazingly so......

And bonus points for the Corgie.

2manybikes 06-25-06 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by NeilM
And bonus points for the Corgie.

Woof !! :)