Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Milk bone and the lap Dog....

I've got a friend that we call "Milk Bone" because when we have a group sprint due to a dog he's always the slowest.
    Anyway, I was riding last night south of town and decided it was getting close to that dangerous time for cyclists to be on the road, so I took the City Trail home. About half way accross town I see a familiar rider up ahead. it's MIlk Bone...... with his girl friend Niki.......and what the heck is this? Milk Bone has one of those little trailers for kids on the back of his bike.

As I come up behind them and say hi, we all three came to a stop. I get a closer look at the trailer and it's not a kid I see inside, it's Niki's little lap dog. I look at Milk Bone with a look that says "you are soooo busted", and he looks at me as if to say, "Puhleeeese Grampy, don't tell the guys."

Here is my dilema..... should I tell the guys? Or hold it over Milk Bone for the next hundred years?
    Carpe who?

In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampy™
    Here is my dilema..... should I tell the guys?
    Seems like Milk Bone is onto something. At least he curls up next to a girlfriend and not a warm computer at night. These little dogs are chick magnets.
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

My Bikes
    Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry
    Seems like Milk Bone is onto something. At least he curls up next to a girlfriend and not a warm computer at night. These little dogs are chick magnets.
    It's not his dog..... It's HERS.
    Carpe who?

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you only had a digital camera........that would be a good one for years!!

You can ever tell the guys--if you do you will have used up your chip!!

My Bikes
    Torelli, Bianchi Trofeo, De Rosa, Specialized Expedition Touring, Colnago Cross, Motobecane Grand Jubile & Grand Record, Miyata 710, 2 Titans, Raleigh Super Course, 3Rensho
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might work as a defense if another dog gives chase. Could help to have your own dog to bark back!
    visit my homebuilding blog: www.monoplanar.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say you have a few choices here:

1. Tell everyone you know.

2. See how many free lunches you can get out of Milk Bone to keep your mouth shut.

3. Get a trailer and cruise, looking for women with small dogs.

4. Quietly talk to the group you ride with. Ask everyone to cough up a few bucks and then buy Milk Bone a small wicker basket to mount on the front of his bike. Present it to him on a group ride saying that it's much easier to use the basket than doing the whole trailer thing. Or, take up a collection and get him a dog collar in his size.... once again presenting on a group ride.

5. Keep it a confidence, for which he will be ever grateful and he'll know that he owes you one down the line.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    2 many
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry
    These little dogs are chick magnets.

So true.......amazingly so......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd watch out for Milkbone if I were you. He's in training. Bet he started out with just an empty trailer, then put the dog in to increase the weight. End of the Month and it will be a St.Bernard in the thing. All that weight he is pulling about won't arf improve his sprint speed when he gets back to the group. If I was you- I would tell the rest of the group about his secret training programme so they can get training too.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    I'd watch out for Milkbone if I were you. He's in training. Bet he started out with just an empty trailer, then put the dog in to increase the weight. End of the Month and it will be a St.Bernard in the thing. All that weight he is pulling about won't arf improve his sprint speed when he gets back to the group. If I was you- I would tell the rest of the group about his secret training programme so they can get training too.
    Like I kind of owe it to the rest of the guys??? Hmmmmm hadn't thought of it that way......
    Carpe who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like milkbone found a bone of his own, While you are on the computer, Let him be.

My Bikes
    2 many
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam

Shhhhh! Don't let the secret out !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Legs sore, butt sorer
    My Bikes
    Old Bianchi Main Street, new Dynamic Tempo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manybikes
    So true.......amazingly so......
    And bonus points for the Corgie.