Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brother's Broken Elbow on the Mend

Not long ago I posted about my brother who fell and shattered his elbow, tore the tendons, muscles, etc. away from the bone and had to undergo major surgery to try and repair everything. Well, I just got an e-mail from his wife telling me he had the cast removed today and they fitted him with a brace, which he reports is much more comfortable. His wife said his first question to the doctor after having the brace fitted was: "Is it ok to ride my bike with this thing on?"
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOS88
    Not long ago I posted about my brother who fell and shattered his elbow, tore the tendons, muscles, etc. away from the bone and had to undergo major surgery to try and repair everything. Well, I just got an e-mail from his wife telling me he had the cast removed today and they fitted him with a brace, which he reports is much more comfortable. His wife said his first question to the doctor after having the brace fitted was: "Is it ok to ride my bike with this thing on?"

Thanks for the udpate. I recall how disappointed you were in not being able to ride together. My brother is an avid cyclist and my cousin is a Cat 1/Pro. Both had very nasty accidents within the past couple years. My brother had a broken hip from being hit by a car and was back riding in 3 mos---- long before the doc cleared him. My Cousin had a major motor cycle accident had had collapsed lungs, broken ribs, vertebrae, wrist, etc. He was uncounscious for 2 weeks and we didn't know if he was going to make it. He went out riding with a darn back brace on......I'm not sure our family tree inherited "smarts" but they do have passion......

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe
    ......I'm not sure our family tree inherited "smarts" but they do have passion......

Ah, yes, passion! One of those things that's a blessing and a curse! The interesting thing is that once that fire in the belly that comes with passion is there, it is really hard to put out.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright