Thread: Foot pain

My Bikes
    Mecian
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Foot pain

I seem to be having a lot of foot pain in my right foot. It feels like my smaller toes are being crushed with pliars. Pain seem to start at about 20 miles. Simmilar pain while skiing has been solved with custom insoles, but there is not enough room in my shoes for the largish insoles. I am thinking that some kind of padded insole thats thin in profile would be helpful. Anybody out there with suggestions?
    Recycle, Reclaim, Reuse and Repair
    The 4 Rs to save the planet

"Toes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate to say it, but you have to try/buy new shoes with your insoles in place, so you can compensate for the added width and thickness. It's the only solution.

My Bikes
    Bianchi San Remo - set up as a utility bike, Peter Mooney Road bike, Peter Mooney commute bike,Dahon Folder,Schwinn Paramount Tandem
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming you are wearing clipless, try fiddling with the position of the cleats. A couple of mm can make abig difference

Pat
    My Bikes
    litespeed, cannondale
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get foot pain at times. It is generally the result of lazy peddling. It is all to easy to maintain constant pressure on the pedals even on the up stroke. I have found if I pull up enough on the upstroke to unload the pedal, I generally do not get foot pain. So it is a matter of working on the "spin".