Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom jersey creation...

Has anyone here ever had a custom cycling jersey created either personally or for a club? I was thinking that a jersey that featured my business would be great advertising that I could wear and make available to customers and others. If anyone knows of a company or companies that do such work I would love to check them out. I've done some search engine work, but figured someone here would have some more precise information. Thanks in advance!

Crawlin' up, flyin' down bikingshearer's Avatar
    My Bikes
    1967 Paramount, 1982-ish Ron Cooper,1986 De Rosa Professional, 1978 Eisentraut "A," 1961 BianchiCompetizione, 1994 Trek 520, 199? Burley Bossa Nova
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Voler does both partial custom (your words on pre-designed jerseys) and full custom. Their jerseys are some sort of synthetic. I have one of their jerseys, and they're pretty well-made. Google "voler bicycle jersey" and I'm sure you'll find them.

Portland Cyclewear (I know the "Portland" part is correct; I think the "Cyclewear" part is, too, but I'm not certain) also does both partial and full custom, but in wool. I don't have any of their stuff, but have read good things about them here on BF, both in terms of quality and price. Google "portland wool bicycle jersey" and you should get to them quickly.

If I remember correctly, Voler's minimum order for full custom is significantly smaller than is Portland's, but the websites should clear that up pretty quickly.

Also, there has been an add for somebody or other in the electronic version of VeloNews advertising custom jerseys - I have no idea who or what their product is like, but that's another possible source.

Cool idea. I hope it works out for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CafePress.com does tshirts, etc.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

Perpetually lost
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dauphin, Ive been considering the same thing for a business I've been working on. What I've found:

http://www.bicycleclothing.com/ (small Oregon company) and

http://www.pacesportswear.com/
    j
    "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
    George Bernard Shaw

Senior Curmudgeon
    My Bikes
    Electra Townie 1-speed with basket & fenders
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Local sports shops often have experience in embroidering or imprinting clothing. I've found their service to be great and their prices fair.

My Bikes
    Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FarHorizon
    Local sports shops often have experience in embroidering or imprinting clothing. I've found their service to be great and their prices fair.
    On a bike jersey you wouldn't wat embroidery of Silk screening...... I for get the process name for what they use on Biking Jerseys but it's not a common process. I bonds the design into the fabric, without upsetting it's "wicking" ability.

Also, beware of "European" sizing..... My LBS did this and while I normally wear an XL with the Eruopean sizing I had to buy a XXXL and it was still a bit snug.
    Carpe who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by old99
    Dauphin, Ive been considering the same thing for a business I've been working on. What I've found:

http://www.bicycleclothing.com/ (small Oregon company) and

http://www.pacesportswear.com/
    j
    Hey thanks a lot! Those were a big help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link to Voler (Velowear)
    http://www.velowear.com/index.asp