Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who p***ed in his cornflakes?

I am sure there are many members of bike forums who also visit cycling forums. On my most recent visit there I ran across a thread talking about the server problems on bike forums. Here was one of the replies from a user called dm69...

"ahh bike forums...the good ole days. not really, All that happens there is a bunch of mid life crisis old farts with too much money and time on there hands argue whether they should upgrade this upgrade that, buy this or buy that, do you like my wheels? which frame is the lightest, aero over weight, my arse hurts, im fat , who actually rides there bike?...Whereas at cylingforums we have the cycling TRAINING forum, power TRAINING forum, of course a tech corner, a road racing forum etc etc which tends to breed more "active" participants of cycling.

Of course at BIKEFORUMS they all have very well trained bank cards."

Wow...such vitriol. Somebody here let the air outta his tires?

My Bikes
    Electra Townie 7D
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perpetually lost
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauphin
    Dang! Sure as heck ain't talkin' about me. Probably DG, now that I think of it.

John
    "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
    George Bernard Shaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bank card(s) have been zeroed out for at least 12 years...

My Bikes
    1971 Motobecane Grand Record (frame), 1983 Vitus 979 (Bought new and built up. My son still rides it), 1978 Raliegh Roadster (complete but totally torn down right now. 28" wheels, Surly Cross Check ( my love. What a bike)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "active participants"? Seems to me we still are. Oh, and by the way, tell him that riding on sidewalks ended with tricycles.

Been Around Awhile I-Like-To-Bike's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Vaterland and Ragazzi
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure there are many members of bike forums who also visit cycling forums. On my most recent visit there I ran across a thread talking about the server problems on bike forums. Here was one of the replies from a user called dm69...

"ahh bike forums...the good ole days. not really, All that happens there is a bunch of mid life crisis old farts with too much money and time on there hands argue whether they should upgrade this upgrade that, buy this or buy that, do you like my wheels? which frame is the lightest, aero over weight, my arse hurts, im fat , who actually rides there bike?...Whereas at cylingforums we have the cycling TRAINING forum, power TRAINING forum, of course a tech corner, a road racing forum etc etc which tends to breed more "active" participants of cycling.

Whatsa matta? Why get so perturbed? Why post that message here? Strike a little close to home?

OnTheRoad or AtTheBeach stonecrd's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Ridley Noah RS, Scott CR1 Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe, it has something to do with 4 page threads on coffee machines?

Some people don't like to see socializing in 'serious' topic forums. My view is that if you don't like the topic or thread or the forum don't go there.
    The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard and the shallow end is much too large

2013 Noah RS

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what's the big deal? He's saying that he doesn't like people who are different than him. You're essentially saying the same thing. What's the difference? I say "Live and let live."

My Bikes
    Trek 7700, C'dale R2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the American way. Think about this:
    A negative statement like this is better than silence. Why? I wonder how many BF members are now hitting on CF to see the difference especially with all the server problems we have had.
    Mission accomplished by this very negative posting if you look at it as commercial activity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually joined cycling forums two years before even knowing bike forums was around. I haven't been there that much over the past few years and once I began getting more serious about cycling I found bike forums which seemed to be a little more friendly to the new rider. Perhaps it's just my perception. I only posted that guy's comment because it seemed odd that he would even care what goes on here. As far as I am concerned, I frequent a forum for information and to meet other folks who are friendly and help to further my enjoyment of an activity. In this instance cycling. If he finds what he is looking for at another site that's cool with me. Now....back to riding...

Senior Curmudgeon
    My Bikes
    Electra Townie 1-speed with basket & fenders
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO the guy who flamed BF was spot on IF he's only talking about the road-cycling forum. I met some world-class jerks in there before I found 50+... I've been back to road forum since and it isn't so bad overall, but occasionally, the place is not only arrogant but also downright hostile - particularly to new riders. Just my two cents - your experience may vary...

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FarHorizon
    IMHO the guy who flamed BF was spot on IF he's only talking about the road-cycling forum. I met some world-class jerks in there before I found 50+... I've been back to road forum since and it isn't so bad overall, but occasionally, the place is not only arrogant but also downright hostile - particularly to new riders. Just my two cents - your experience may vary...
    +1
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you guys are definitely not hostile...but you are "mobile"!

My Bikes
    2004 Giant Cypress, 2006 Trek 7.3 FX, 2007 Gary Fisher Wahoo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the link in cause Bike Foeums members want to read the whole thread:

http://www.cyclingforums.com/showthr...34#post2857534
    Born Again Bicyclist! I found my Faith.

Giant Cypress, GF Wahoo, Trek 7.3FX, Schwinn Sprint

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the reason they make vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream is the same reason some folks perfer one fourm over another. I rather like all three flavors, but I do have a favorite.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

wheezer geezer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oooops! excuse me i just farted.

My Bikes
    Raleigh Sports 3 speed, Torker T-530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecrd
    Maybe, it has something to do with 4 page threads on coffee machines?

Some people don't like to see socializing in 'serious' topic forums. My view is that if you don't like the topic or thread or the forum don't go there.
    Subversive! I bet you don't even approve of censorship!
    Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? Spoil a perfectly good Friday by lowering myself to the level of a moron. No, that's not a fight worthy of my time.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tried to put a reply to the Cycle Forum member that knocks the Bike forum. Can't do it without swearing and making myself as pitiful as him. So Heres My bit- I am an older rider- Don't use the term "OLD FART" cos all mine are fresh. I ride my bike because I enjoy it. I ride offroad and still enjoy it. OK- I ride an old persons bike- A Tandem- but I would like to see him on some of our routes sometimes. And Yes, I have just bought a new Bike- Don't need one but I got one in any Case. The last new bike I bought was in 2000 and no-way did it cost $10,000. (Mind you the ongoing project of the tandem has cost around $8,000 with our inflated Uk Prices)

As to the problems on the forum server- There was a problem- but the Multi- million $ company that I work for has the same problems, for longer periods- and it has been going on for years.

Better end now before I start swearing.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Rodriguez Shiftless street fixie with S&S couplers, Kuwahara tandem, Trek carbon, Dolan track
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The nice part about being an old fart with too much money and too much time is that I can finally buy all the cool stuff I could never afford when I was younger.

Problem is, I now could care less about all the high zoot stuff. Some of it is nice, but with age comes the wisdom to realize that all the cutting edge stuff is ridiculously overpriced, and if you wait a couple of years, you can pick it up on ebay for what it's really worth.

Anyway, I've always thought that when you're young, you don't need to worry about equipment. If you're good enough, somebody will give it to you for free. Sounds to me like whoever wrote the cf post is sore because he isn't good enough to be getting his bikes for free, so he begrudges the older guys who can afford the stuff.

- L.

My Bikes
    Trek 750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a Cycle Forum memership. Stopped visiting that forum several several months ago because:
    a) boring and
    b) too many jerks on those boards

Doesn't sound like it has changed much.

My Bikes
    2010 Allegra 2X
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are so right. I can ask questions here and get answers, not smart A**ed remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by cc_rider
    I've got a Cycle Forum memership. Stopped visiting that forum several several months ago because:
    a) boring and
    b) too many jerks on those boards

Doesn't sound like it has changed much.
    2010 Jamis Allegra 2X
    God loves you, and God loves me, Even if I do cause his over time!

Senior Curmudgeon
    My Bikes
    Electra Townie 1-speed with basket & fenders
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starship
    You are so right. I can ask questions here and get answers, not smart A**ed remarks.
    We get smart a**ed too, but we do it with a smile - that's what separates us from the road forum folks!

My Bikes
    Not enough
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fifty5
    oooops! excuse me i just farted.
    +1

Isn't it strange the sounds that often come out of some folks orafices?
    **Fate is a fickle thing, and in the end the true measure of a person is not fate itself, but how they master it**

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FarHorizon
    We get smart a**ed too, but we do it with a smile - that's what separates us from the road forum folks!
    I'm confused and don't understand.

Smart a**ed?

armed?

asked?

ashed?

added?

aimed?

Help me out here!
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast