Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Joe's new server H.A.L. killed me (G.G.)....but I resurrected.

Remember GrannyGear? That's me. Only now I'm "CrossChain". Fricking indignity.

When H.A.L.'s database flipped out last week, I guess GrannyGear and all record of him got etherized.
    The server simply refused to recognize me, my password, etc. So, I've had to re-register. In the process, I've lost my red star and become a newbie....double frickin' indignity! Wonder if Joe will believe me when I email asking for reinstatement.

So, now I've returned as CrossChain. Had to use my daughter's old computer to do so. I'm pc ignorant-- wonder if it has to do with my I.P. address? A change of identity is nice once in a while I guess.

Anyway, nice to be back. If I suddenly disappear again, notify Joe to push back from his chimichanga and come look for me.

Perpetually lost
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GrannyGear; GG; Granny Gear. Nope, never heard of him. Anybodyhere ever heard of a GrannyGear?

JiO
    "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
    George Bernard Shaw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Delete all your cookies and try again.

Welcome, whoever you are. It might take you awhile to get used to the "style" of this forum.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sure you're not Granny Diego?

Funny thing -- I was actually thinking about GG today on my ride, and wondering why he hadn't posted in so long. I was even getting ready to send a PM to enquire. So now you're CrossChain? What's with you and alliteration, anyway?
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by old99
    GrannyGear; GG; Granny Gear. Nope, never heard of him. Anybodyhere ever heard of a GrannyGear?
    GrannyGear? Nope.. never heard of 'im.

Anyway, welcome CrossChain. Always nice to have a new newbie around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk about identity theft. I've been virtually erased by the cyber-system. They make movies about stuff like this. I'm a real person but nobody believes it....instead, everyone thinks the Diego clan are living, breathing, burping, scratching real people. Surreal.

DeeGee, donch'a know me....we were like brothers....I was Lucky's godparent sorta.

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossChain
    Talk about identity theft. I've been virtually erased by the cyber-system. They make movies about stuff like this. I'm a real person but nobody believes it....instead, everyone thinks the Diego clan are living, breathing, burping, scratching real people. Surreal.

DeeGee, donch'a know me....we were like brothers....I was Lucky's godparent sorta.
    Lucky? Who's Lucky?
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sumitted for your approval. A mild mannered grade school professor assumes the identity of a witty poster in an internet chat room, only to have his identity stolen from him by the very forum he posted in.

Alien beings, long rumored to be at the heart of said forum, erase every trace of the professor, leaving he and his on-line cronies...in The Twilight Zone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Serling Diego; 06-26-06 at 03:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CrossGear, Son of GrannyGear, __________,

I see that you are bordering on a heresy! And such language! Show some contrition. After all this BF computer is just an imperfect creation by imperfect humans. Only our Lord was perfect. Say 10 Hail Marys and meet me in the confessional at 8:00 a.m. sharp!

Father "D"