Older I get, Better I was velonomad's Avatar
    My Bikes
    a bunch of them, most made by me, a couple made by others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gross medical ailment of the week!

Some may remember my post about the CAT scan searching for the big "C". They didn't find cancer, but I found out this afternoon after a second review of the CT scans, they found an cyst in my bladder that is infected(Urachal Cyst). The Doc ran a scope up through my penis into the bladder and showed it to me. So bladder surgery in about two weeks to get rid of the cyst. He says it is highly unlikely that the cyst is cancerous
    Woo Hoo! I may finally get this resolved!

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news indeed!

So, did you enjoy the "procedure?" :-)
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a cyst that was infected too. Urologist treated it with heavy does of antibiotics. No surgery needed in my case. Urologist went on to say that about 40% of all males have a cyst on kidneys or bladder. It is a relief to know it's not the big "C".
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

Older I get, Better I was velonomad's Avatar
    My Bikes
    a bunch of them, most made by me, a couple made by others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been on 3 rounds of antibiotics for Urinary Infections and it didn't help. It is causing some inflammation on the bladder wall that is beginning to close off the entrance to the bladder so he feels it is better to remove the cyst. Then again he may just need a new boat

As for the "procedure" The worst part was when the scope went through the prostate, whoa nelly! that was no fun!

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by velonomad

As for the "procedure" The worst part was when the scope went through the prostate, whoa nelly! that was no fun!
    They would have to give me the whole bottle of Tequila for that one.........

Very good to hear it's curable.

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extra parts

Some may remember my post about the CAT scan searching for the big "C". They didn't find cancer, but I found out this afternoon after a second review of the CT scans, they found an cyst in my bladder that is infected(Urachal Cyst). The Doc ran a scope up through my penis into the bladder and showed it to me. So bladder surgery in about two weeks to get rid of the cyst. He says it is highly unlikely that the cyst is cancerous
    Glad to hear it will soon be resolved. I go in July 5th to have a biopsy on a thyroid nodule. One of the things I don't like about getting old is the extra parts we seem to start growing.
    Bud
    * 2009 RANS XStream
    * 2007 RANS Stratus XP
    * 2006 Bacchetta Corsa
    My Blog - uneasy-rider.com

They told me it's ok to post mileage over in the commuting forum, so you'll probably find me there these days.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been on 3 rounds of antibiotics for Urinary Infections and it didn't help. It is causing some inflammation on the bladder wall that is beginning to close off the entrance to the bladder so he feels it is better to remove the cyst. Then again he may just need a new boat

I see seeking medical treatment as a real personal strength. It's amazing to me how many men don't seek medical help when they should, or wait until it's too late... especially when it deals with issues of one's plumbing. Glad you're working toward better health.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    2004 Giant Cypress, 2006 Trek 7.3 FX, 2007 Gary Fisher Wahoo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear you are going to have it removed. A friend of mine delayed this surgery until it exploded and then had to go in for emergency surgery. May the Surgeon have good hands the day of your surgery!!

When i recieved my transplant they inserted a hard plastic catheter tube near my bladder. I was awake when they removed it a month later. That was an experience as the contraption (scope with fingers) looked like one of the eyes on the spaceships in the original War of the Worlds, or one of those flashlights with an bendable neck.

Edit: And a nurse that looked like Beulah Ballbreaker did the prep.

Heres to a speedy recovery.
    Born Again Bicyclist! I found my Faith.

Giant Cypress, GF Wahoo, Trek 7.3FX, Schwinn Sprint

Pain ?? What Pain !!
    My Bikes
    2010 Felt F75
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good News & Good Luck !!!
    2010 Felt F75

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recall that episode of "Deadwood" where Al Swearingen has a kidney stone and the instrument (more accurately "tool") the doc uses to penetrate to the heart of the matter. That scene had me writhing in my chair. The point: things are so much easier now...and the relief so much more painless to attain. Glad to hear you are almost back to being a young stud again after an emotionally trying time.

My Bikes
    Cannondale T800
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edp773
    And a nurse that looked like Beulah Ballbreaker did the prep.
    They never choose the cute ones for that procedure. Perhaps that is a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Brown
    They never choose the cute ones for that procedure. Perhaps that is a good thing.
    My uroliogist is a total babe! Seriously! It's hilarious to go in for a prostate exam. I look forward to going in and hanging out with her for a while, then she puts on her surgical gloves...

My Bikes
    Raleigh Sports 3 speed, Torker T-530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Bent
    Glad to hear it will soon be resolved. I go in July 5th to have a biopsy on a thyroid nodule. One of the things I don't like about getting old is the extra parts we seem to start growing.
    Maybe it's nature's way of compensating for the bits that have to get snipped off or cut out from time to time.

My own medical drama is plain vanilla by comparison. I feel as if I got hit on the left side of my face with a shoe after three crown preps, amalgam removal and re-seating another crown yesterday. The three hour process was nearly pain free, thanks to anaesthetics and nitrous oxide. Tomorrow I visit the physical therapist for the shoulder dislocation/humerus fracture and Friday the chiropractor for structural fallout from the same accident.
    Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

My Bikes
    Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did my legs clench together as I read this?
    Carpe who?