Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a guru...

One of the great things about BFN is the ability to ask questions without fear of being dubbed the "village idiot". In addition to the great information that I've received from this site, I also have a new "guru". This guy is a serious roadie racer, who also does his fair share of mountain biking. He is in his mid-40's and really knows cycling frontwards and backwards. The really cool thing is that he works for me and would never let on if he thought I was asking a stupid question... So, if anyone ever has the ultimate "dumb" question and doesn't want to post it for the world to see....let me know...I will send it via encryption to my "guru".

In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a guru too:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry
    I've got a guru too:
    You know I dig swinging cats, Blackberry!
    Attached Images Attached Images

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to have someone to turn to who can advise and "Instruct" you on your cycling queries. Only thing is- By the sound of him, and the age of him, don't go for a ride with him. Nothing better than "Killing" the boss with a legitimate reason away from work.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    Great to have someone to turn to who can advise and "Instruct" you on your cycling queries. Only thing is- By the sound of him, and the age of him, don't go for a ride with him. Nothing better than "Killing" the boss with a legitimate reason away from work.
    Point well taken!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    Nothing better than "Killing" the boss with a legitimate reason away from work.
    Have to ask jppe if he let's his boss beat him at golf....especially before Chrismtas bonus time.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossChain
    Have to ask jppe if he let's his boss beat him at golf....especially before Chrismtas bonus time.

The answer to that one is pretty simple. We just add up the scores at the end and whoever has the least number wins!! However, there is a pretty good debate at the start to determine who actually keeps the score. He seems to do better when I keep score........