Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

The Official Fifty Plus (50+) TDF Spoiler thread....

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-06, 06:55 AM
Geezer Member

Bikes: Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's the Tour Baby!!!!!!! Talk the trash!! If you don't want to know what happened today, DO NOT READ THIS THREAD!
Old 07-01-06, 08:24 AM
In Memory of One Cool Cat

Bikes: Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My heart still isn't in this tour, but the drug problems of Basso, Ulrich, etc, do open the field. I'm amazed at the number of American riders who all have a shot at making some some noise. Among them:

Floyd Landis
Levi Leipheimer
George Hincapie
Dave Zabriskie
Chris Horner
Bobbie Julich
Christian Vandevelde

Since it's the fourth of July weekend, here are My podium all-American picks:

Hncapie
Landis
Leipheimer

Semi-dark horses: Popovich or Salvodelli. One way or another, I'm betting Disco will be in yellow.

Now, let's see how long it takes for these predicitions to go down in flames.
Old 07-01-06, 10:42 AM
Geezer Member

Bikes: Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
George looked good in the TT. Second is probably perfect position... I know he wanted to win the prologue but this way Disco doesn't have to defend the Yellow Jersey. I really believe he will be the one to beat this year...... and I thought that before all the drug stuff cropped up. At any rate, an American 1-2-3 finish? Yikes! If you thought the French hated us befor.......
Old 07-02-06, 08:00 PM
Geezer Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
George looks so good in yellow.
Old 07-02-06, 09:16 PM
In Memory of One Cool Cat

Bikes: Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Grampy™
George looks so good in yellow.
Agree. I honestly believe that disco has superior coaching, superior teamwork and superior riders. But as we all know, the wheels can fall off (literally) in the time it takes to get a beer from the fridge.
Old 07-03-06, 05:49 AM
Geezer Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackberry
Agree. I honestly believe that disco has superior coaching, superior teamwork and superior riders. But as we all know, the wheels can fall off (literally) in the time it takes to get a beer from the fridge.
Yeah, Phill kept saying what a smart move George made and how he was such a smart rider..... I love George to death and hope he wins the Tour with all my heart, but that call was Bruneel's ..... I'd bet the farm on it.