Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weekends are too short.

Got in a ride this morning and it was hot- Up in the 90's from when we left home at 9am. Only a quick 26 miler with half offroad to the cafe and then a gentle meander back home in the heat. This is the first ride this year that I have left home only in a short sleeve shirt and no back up pertex rolled up in the pockets- And the first ride where I did not want it either. That was hot and even my Charity ride of a few weeks ago -I started with the pertex on.

Had to get back as I am clearing the garden for a Family B-B-Q next weekend. There was a horrible mess outside the bike shed that would eventually get turned into an area where I could work on the bikes. Problem was that it was covered in sacks of hardcore and other garden rubbish as it seemed to be the natural place to Locate it. Saturday morning and the intention was to clear it- save the stuff I wanted in a different area of the garden and tidy it up. Several trips to the dump later and I had an area I could finally work on. Then the wife poked her oar in and "It would be a nice area to have a pergola with a seating area and a few plants." What a Daft idea- I was about to lose my area for working on the bikes--- Or was I? Saturday morning and up went the posts- set in concrete so they would not move if I touched them. A couple of planting boxes were planned and Timber sorted.

After the ride today- I got back to start on the pergola but with a couple of Modifications to keep the wife and me happy. The planters are well away from the Planned bike area- The posts are set so I can still get in and out of the shed- and the floor of the pergola is gravel. With the top rafters- if it gets too hot- I will be able to put a screen of Hessian on it to cool it down, Beats working in a hot shed, and the wife will have her seating area- the kids can have a table seating area and I can wash the bike down and work on it without ruining the Lawn.

What made it better was that My future son in law assisted greatly on the work of clearing- Understood my planning concerns to keep it for bike use and had the skill to do a lot of the work with me "Supervising" Now all I have to do is keep the Bloody plants to a small area, and cut the wifes future plans in the garden to a minimum so I can lay on the electrics for the bike shed.

By the way- That ride was hot so earlier starts are on the cards in future. Only 2 hours riding but I went through 2 litres of water and the big coffee at the cafe- No breakfast at this cafe so a big slice of Chocolate gateaux and an Eccles cake. Also no camera so will gets pics to you shortly of the "New" bike area.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pics???
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2