Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Tip of the Day

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tip of the Day

If you stack too much cycling stuff and other things on the wire racks/shelves in your closet, it will all come tumbling down in the middle of the night and scare the wits out of you.

Oh well, another project to take me off the bike!!

(BTW, this was just a couple weeks after a rack fell in the pantry that had all the can goods stacked on it after a bracket broke.......true definition of shelf life!!!!)

My Bikes
    Vintage Schwinns, Classy Cannondales, & an '83 Santana Tandem
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need an exorcism, jppe?
    Bob
    Dreaming of Summertime in NH!

Visit my websites:
    FreeWheelSpa.com orpastorbobnlnh.com

Senior Curmudgeon
    My Bikes
    Electra Townie 1-speed with basket & fenders
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe
    If you stack too much cycling stuff and other things on the wire racks/shelves in your closet, it will all come tumbling down in the middle of the night and scare the wits out of you...
    My shelves were getting there too - and then I found e-Bay! Now I keep the shelves pretty clean. Full bikes, on the other hand, are a problem. I bought a 4-bike rack for storage & put it on my front porch. I just can't bring myself to leave my nice bikes out there though! Now I've got an empty rack on the front porch and bikes in my den.

My Bikes
    Serotta, kestrel, Raleigh, Cannondale, Proflex, Santana tandem, Santana Stylus (single), Trek, Schwinn, Azuki
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe
    If you stack too much cycling stuff and other things on the wire racks/shelves in your closet, it will all come tumbling down in the middle of the night and scare the wits out of you.

Oh well, another project to take me off the bike!!

(BTW, this was just a couple weeks after a rack fell in the pantry that had all the can goods stacked on it after a bracket broke.......true definition of shelf life!!!!)
    Note to self:

I also had the canned goods shelf collapse recently.... better check supports under the important stuff in the garage...... bikes, bikes, bikes!!!!!

Ahhhh, important afterthought..... A big thanks to jppe for the heads up!

My Bikes
    1984 Miyata 310, 1989 Club Fuji, 1986 Schwinn Sierra, 2011 Jamis Quest, 1980 Peugeot TH8 Tandem
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife is of the "this package filled by volume, not by weight" mentality. A space is not full until you can't get the door/drawer/zipper closed after compression is applied. When we moved, I sought out small boxes because whether it's books or pillows, she will fill the box to the top and then tell me where to put it. We have had some close calls with shelves as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pompiere
    My wife ...will fill the box to the top and then tell me where to put it.
    Hey, my wife tells me "where to put it" too!

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Racks and shelves are back up!! Unforunately there are several holes that will need some spackling, sanding and painting......I'm looking forward to the day when the house stuff takes care of itself!!