Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Katy Trail July 8 or 9 (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/208531-katy-trail-july-8-9-a.html)

Retro Grouch 07-05-06 11:00 AM

Katy Trail July 8 or 9

One last try. Anybody up for a gentle ride out of St Charles?

Blackberry 07-05-06 12:11 PM

:( Wish I could....

I-Like-To-Bike 07-05-06 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro Grouch

How gentle a ride? Is that the only date good for you? If I drive 200 miles each way its got to be for more than for a day trip. I'm interested in a several day (3-7 day) ride on the KATY trail during the summer but don't know nuthin' about the logistics. I am not interested in camping out. Interested?

Retro Grouch 07-05-06 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
How gentle a ride? Is that the only date good for you? If I drive 200 miles each way its got to be for more than for a day trip. I'm interested in a several day (3-7 day) ride on the KATY trail during the summer but don't know nuthin' about the logistics. I am not interested in camping out. Interested?

There are at least 3 of us who are local and who have been talking about meeting to do an easy ride together. Easy is defined as riding around 12mph on the trail until we're halfway tired and returning to St. Charles. Trouble is, we all seem to have enough other stuff going on that we can never get together on a weekend. While I doubt you'd find the ride worthy of a 400 mile round trip I'm sure that our company would make the trip worthwhile.

WorldPax 07-05-06 07:43 PM

I'm heading up there on 7/15. Sedalia to St. Charles in 3 days and then back to Sedalia in 4 days catching the sights. Anyone who wants to join, come on.

Wildwood 07-06-06 08:56 PM

Quote:

What time would you want to start on Sunday morning? Sat is out for me.

KenSmith 07-06-06 09:26 PM

Sorry Retrogrouch. MJ has me tied to a wedding on Saturday. Are you free any evenings during the week for a 20 miler or so?

Ken

Retro Grouch 07-07-06 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildwood
What time would you want to start on Sunday morning? Sat is out for me.

8:30 sound civilized? Meet at the Boonslick parking lot.

Wildwood 07-07-06 05:28 AM

Would 8:00 be good?, will have to limit it just a 2 hour ride, gotta be home before noon. I'll have to find Boonslick parking.

Retro Grouch 07-07-06 10:00 AM

Quote:

Would 8:00 be good?, will have to limit it just a 2 hour ride, gotta be home before noon. I'll have to find Boonslick parking.

8:00's fine. Two hours is good. Boonslick is the road that runs past the Trailhead Restaurant. If you'd rather, coming from Wildwood, we could start at the parking lot that's adjacent to the Page bridge. That would actually be more convenient for me.

Wildwood 07-07-06 10:20 AM

Quote:

If you'd rather, coming from Wildwood, we could start at the parking lot that's adjacent to the Page bridge. That would actually be more convenient for me.

I know the large parking lot just west of the Page bridge. I'll be there at 8:00 and will have my goldish/browish/copperish Centurion with natural color cork handlebar tape.

Digital Gee 07-07-06 11:03 AM

Oh my, a blind date! How exciting!! :D

Wildwood 07-07-06 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Gee
Oh my, a blind date! How exciting!! :D

silly single boys with their minds in the gutter - or maybe you're jealous.
its just a bike ride, i'll try a ride with almost anybody once.

Retro Grouch 07-08-06 10:43 AM

Quote:

silly single boys with their minds in the gutter - or maybe you're jealous.
its just a bike ride, i'll try a ride with almost anybody once.

There's no need to defend yourself to Digital. He, after all, is the one who hails from the land of the fruits and the nuts.