Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 07-08-06, 12:17 PM   #1
sour01
Rid'n Rev

Bikes: 2007 Felt F55, Vintage Univega, 2012 Specialized Mountain Bike
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Metric century today

Went on my normal group ride this morning and rode 40 miles. I talked one of my friends into going 22 more despite the temp being in the upper 80's and a 9 mph wind. Ended up doing 63 miles and averaging 17 mph for the day. I was getting pretty tired---but it was not like I was completly exhausted at the end. My confidence in being able to not only ride but to also enjoy a century in October is growing.

Had a new play thing today as well. I bought a used double wireless cadence computer (Cateye) off of Ebay. It replaced my old computer that I like---but did not have the auto start capability. Can't tell you how many times I would make an intermediate stop and forget to turn that old computer back on. The double wireless worked very well and certainly cleaned up all the previous wiring on my bike. Even worked well with a HRM.
sour01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-06, 02:33 PM   #2
NOS88

Bikes:
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
63 miles... sounds like you're on you way to nailing that century in October. Good stuff.
Old 07-08-06, 03:00 PM   #3
p8rider

Bikes: 1984 Peugeot P8; 2006 Trek 5200
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats on the Metric. I rode my first in March, second in June and last week my first full century. So I would say you are timing well for an Oct. century.
I have a Cateye Astrale. It may be the same as yours. I love the cadence feature which the computer on my P8 did not have.
p8rider is offline   Reply With Quote