Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 50+ Perspective on the World Cup

This is the competition that caught my attention. I'm looking forward to Hef Diego and Gary Diego's take on it all.

Choose your favorite:

http://www.anvari.org/cols/FIFA_Worl...try_Cards.html
    Last edited by Blackberry; 07-10-06 at 09:44 AM.
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

My Bikes
    Bianchi San Remo - set up as a utility bike, Peter Mooney Road bike, Peter Mooney commute bike,Dahon Folder,Schwinn Paramount Tandem
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your link did not work for me, but here is my perspective on the W.C.

Since Italy prevailed, there will be much partying throughout the country for a long time, which cannot help but to lead to poorer productivity - leading to a drop in quality and/or increase in price for campy components - perhaps I should consider this a good time to change over to a Japanese drive train?

My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sauerwald

Since Italy prevailed, there will be much partying throughout the country for a long time, which cannot help but to lead to poorer productivity - leading to a drop in quality and/or increase in price for campy components - perhaps I should consider this a good time to change over to a Japanese drive train?
    I think/hope I fixed the link:

I see you have two Italian bikes. I'd go for a hat trick if I were in your shoes. And then, of course, an all Shimano Dura Ace bike, just to balance the herd.
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

My Bikes
    Bianchi San Remo - set up as a utility bike, Peter Mooney Road bike, Peter Mooney commute bike,Dahon Folder,Schwinn Paramount Tandem
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link works now.

Actually, I have two bikes with Campy drivetrains, but the one that I ride the most has Shimano (105 rder, ultegra bar-end shifter). Works well usually (currently needs some minor adjustment). Out of curiosity I should probably test ride a bike with all Ultegra (STI) drivetrain, just to see how it compares to my Campy Chorus bike.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link works now.

Actually, I have two bikes with Campy drivetrains, but the one that I ride the most has Shimano (105 rder, ultegra bar-end shifter). Works well usually (currently needs some minor adjustment). Out of curiosity I should probably test ride a bike with all Ultegra (STI) drivetrain, just to see how it compares to my Campy Chorus bike.
    Well, I have an Ultegra bike and have never ridden an all-Campy bike. Maybe we should meet in the Shenandoah Valley sometime and swap bikes for 15 or 20 miles.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about this. I understand that at the Bianchi factory, they kick the old "football" around on lunch break, because it increase worker morale. Given Italy now has the cup, worker morale may be at it's highest. This could be a great time to go Italian on bikes and bike parts.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright
    Favorite rides in the stable: Indy Fab CJ Ti - Colnago MXL - S-Works Roubaix - Habanero Team Issue - Jamis Eclipse carbon/831

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry
    This is the competition that caught my attention. I'm looking forward to Hef Diego and Gary Diego's take on it all.Choose your favorite:
    There's something about seeing an old conquest on a "baseball card" that gives me a great sense of satisfaction!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Diego
    There's something about seeing an old conquest on a "baseball card" that gives me a great sense of satisfaction!
    Imagine how much fun it is when you get to publish your own "baseball cards!"
    Last edited by Hef Diego; 07-10-06 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I predict that Italy will win the World Cup in a shootout. Also, I predict that my cousin Hef Diego will "get lucky" within the next six months...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great post Blackberry, aside from cycling that's another great way to get my heart rate up. Hmmm...I think I remember...