Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 07-10-06, 07:54 AM   #1
Blackberry
In Memory of One Cool Cat

Bikes: Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A 50+ Perspective on the World Cup

This is the competition that caught my attention. I'm looking forward to Hef Diego and Gary Diego's take on it all.

Choose your favorite:

http://www.anvari.org/cols/FIFA_Worl...try_Cards.html

Last edited by Blackberry; 07-10-06 at 08:44 AM.
Blackberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-06, 08:40 AM   #2
sauerwald

Bikes: Bianchi San Remo - set up as a utility bike, Peter Mooney Road bike, Peter Mooney commute bike,Dahon Folder,Schwinn Paramount Tandem
Your link did not work for me, but here is my perspective on the W.C.

Since Italy prevailed, there will be much partying throughout the country for a long time, which cannot help but to lead to poorer productivity - leading to a drop in quality and/or increase in price for campy components - perhaps I should consider this a good time to change over to a Japanese drive train?
sauerwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-06, 08:47 AM   #3
Blackberry

Bikes: Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauerwald

Since Italy prevailed, there will be much partying throughout the country for a long time, which cannot help but to lead to poorer productivity - leading to a drop in quality and/or increase in price for campy components - perhaps I should consider this a good time to change over to a Japanese drive train?
I think/hope I fixed the link:

I see you have two Italian bikes. I'd go for a hat trick if I were in your shoes. And then, of course, an all Shimano Dura Ace bike, just to balance the herd.
Old 07-10-06, 08:55 AM   #4
sauerwald

Bikes: Bianchi San Remo - set up as a utility bike, Peter Mooney Road bike, Peter Mooney commute bike,Dahon Folder,Schwinn Paramount Tandem
Link works now.

Actually, I have two bikes with Campy drivetrains, but the one that I ride the most has Shimano (105 rder, ultegra bar-end shifter). Works well usually (currently needs some minor adjustment). Out of curiosity I should probably test ride a bike with all Ultegra (STI) drivetrain, just to see how it compares to my Campy Chorus bike.
sauerwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-06, 09:00 AM   #5
Blackberry

Quote:
Link works now.

Actually, I have two bikes with Campy drivetrains, but the one that I ride the most has Shimano (105 rder, ultegra bar-end shifter). Works well usually (currently needs some minor adjustment). Out of curiosity I should probably test ride a bike with all Ultegra (STI) drivetrain, just to see how it compares to my Campy Chorus bike.
Well, I have an Ultegra bike and have never ridden an all-Campy bike. Maybe we should meet in the Shenandoah Valley sometime and swap bikes for 15 or 20 miles.
Old 07-10-06, 10:19 AM   #6
NOS88

Bikes:
Quote:

I don't know about this. I understand that at the Bianchi factory, they kick the old "football" around on lunch break, because it increase worker morale. Given Italy now has the cup, worker morale may be at it's highest. This could be a great time to go Italian on bikes and bike parts.
Old 07-10-06, 11:15 AM   #7
Gary Diego
Banned.

Bikes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberry
This is the competition that caught my attention. I'm looking forward to Hef Diego and Gary Diego's take on it all.Choose your favorite:
There's something about seeing an old conquest on a "baseball card" that gives me a great sense of satisfaction!
Gary Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-06, 11:18 AM   #8
Hef Diego
Banned.

Bikes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Diego
There's something about seeing an old conquest on a "baseball card" that gives me a great sense of satisfaction!
Imagine how much fun it is when you get to publish your own "baseball cards!"

Last edited by Hef Diego; 07-10-06 at 11:42 AM.
Hef Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-06, 11:41 AM   #9
Nostra Diego
Banned.

Bikes:
I predict that Italy will win the World Cup in a shootout. Also, I predict that my cousin Hef Diego will "get lucky" within the next six months...
Nostra Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-06, 04:34 PM   #10
Louis

Bikes:
Great post Blackberry, aside from cycling that's another great way to get my heart rate up. Hmmm...I think I remember...
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote