Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   I wanted to start a thread, but... (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/210561-i-wanted-start-thread-but.html)

Digital Gee 07-12-06 11:01 PM

I wanted to start a thread, but...

I couldn't remember what I wanted to talk about. Who's idea was it, this getting older and forgetting stuff? :)

Big Paulie 07-12-06 11:54 PM

OK, how about this...

Does the TDF on TV this month motivate you to ride more often, or ride longer, or ride harder?

Digital Gee 07-13-06 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Big Paulie
OK, how about this...

Does the TDF on TV this month motivate you to ride more often, or ride longer, or ride harder?

No, that wasn't it.

old99 07-13-06 12:27 AM

Spooky avatars?

Digital Gee 07-13-06 12:30 AM

I remember!

Do bike cops -- you know, cops on bikes (slightly modified Trek 4300's I believe) ride platforms, straps, or clipless?

:)

Big Paulie 07-13-06 12:34 AM

Or maybe,

Hey everybody!

I just got 18 dollars in the mail and I'm trying to figure out how to spend it at the LBS! Should I buy some extra tubes, or a spare patch kit, or both, or neither? And what should I do with the change? Buy some Mexican food? Or pie? Or a cool one down at the beach after my evening ride?

What do you think? :D

Big Paulie 07-13-06 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Digital Gee
Do bike cops -- you know, cops on bikes (slightly modified Trek 4300's I believe) ride platforms, straps, or clipless?:)

This sounds perverted...have you been watching Reno 911 again, Gary?

scottogo 07-13-06 12:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A tried and true idea

old99 07-13-06 12:42 AM

Do bike cops -- you know, cops on bikes (slightly modified Trek 4300's I believe) ride platforms, straps, or clipless?

Bike cops around here ride slightly modified Kawasakis and BMW's with platforms and shiny leather trooper boots.

Digital Gee 07-13-06 12:45 AM

Check this website:

http://www2.trekbikes.com/bikes/bike...d=1146600&f=15

Now that I look at it, looks like straps.

Big Paulie 07-13-06 12:49 AM

Are you contemplating going into law enforcement, DG?

stapfam 07-13-06 12:50 AM

Reckon it was probably about a diet to lose weight- What foods to cut out- How much pasta can you eat without putting on weight but still retain enough calories for a ride. What curry or chinese foods to avoid- Is a lamb Bhoona less fattening than a chicken Korma and are Home made steak and kidney pies worth eating when you can buy 24 of them for $5 down at wallmart. Then there are the desserts but I had better not start on them as the Keyboard is getting Damp with the dribble I am Typing.

old99 07-13-06 01:00 AM

I googled 'police bicycles' and looked at the images. Looks to me like straps are the winner. Some of the officers were wearing athletic shoes--not the best for effecient biking but probably best when you have to dump the bike and take off on foot.

Didja' ever think about what tire pressure they run on cop bikes?

Big Paulie 07-13-06 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by old99
Didja' ever think about what tire pressure they run on cop bikes?

Post O' The Day!!!!
:D

Webb Diego 07-13-06 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by old99
Bike cops around here ride...with shiny leather trooper boots.

+1

turtleguy54 07-13-06 05:24 AM

I see one almost every morning. Well over 200lbs and always chomping on a giant cigar. Platform pedals.

Grampy™ 07-13-06 05:53 AM

Around here, platforms.

CyberDaug 07-13-06 09:25 AM

I stoped one the other day and asked him if he was wearing persuit shoes.
He said he didn't know and he was to bussey to talk.
I said sorry I bothered you, and road off. Looking in my mirrow I seen him go back to eating his donut.

capejohn 07-13-06 09:38 AM

I use straps.

BubbaDog 07-13-06 10:56 AM

Do bike cops -- you know, cops on bikes (slightly modified Trek 4300's I believe) ride platforms, straps, or clipless?:)

Gary,

Out there in LaLa land some of 'em probaly wears heels and strapless :eek:

http://www.apeculture.com/images/goodcop.jpg

B'Dog
(Who was born and raised in the SF Bay Area and can say whatever I want about the State of Fruits and Nuts :D )

NOS88 07-13-06 11:21 AM

OK, so how do I hook up my Ipod to the back of my VDub's radio? And, do you know how to get the darn raido out to see the back?

OOOPPPS! I forgot this was the bike forum and not the VDub fourm. Now, where is the address for that other fourm?

Blackberry 07-13-06 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)

I remember!

Do bike cops --ride straps....?

Around here it's straps and cuffs.

robtown 07-13-06 01:41 PM

I remember!

I don't know about pedals but the pack of 20 or more that headed past me in May on the WO&D had some nice looking dual halogen lights on their MTB.
:D OH - they also ran a stop sign at a trail / driveway entrance en-masse :D

Webb Diego 07-13-06 05:22 PM

OK you knuckleheads. Some of you think it's real cute to make sport of police officers who patrol by means of a bicycle. Well let me tell you something, an officer on a bike can make it to an accident scene 27% faster than he could in a patrol car, and that's on a bad day. Lives are saved every single day by the men in blue who risk their own lives to save yours. So the next time you see a cop on a bike and feel like making a wisecrack, just remember this: the life he saves may be yours, or the life of someone you love. And that's not counting the times a felon is apprehended because a sharp sighted patrolman can spot any suspicious movement from his bicyle 329% better than he could from a patrol car. And that felon may be en route to do you harm, or do harm to one of your loved ones but for the actions of a man in blue, riding a bike of the same color. So keep laughing, all you beatniks and hippies and liberals out there, because some day it might be an officer on a bicycle who breaks up your pot party or your communist party. And then you won't be laughing so hard, will you?

Artkansas 07-13-06 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Webb Diego
So keep laughing, all you beatniks and hippies and liberals out there, because some day it might be an officer on a bicycle who breaks up your pot party or your communist party. And then you won't be laughing so hard, will you?

If I have asprin in my backpack while I'm bicycling does that make me a drug pedler?