rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats wrong?

I think I must be sick. I went to 4, yes 4, bike shops today and not only didn't buy anything, I didn't see anything that I wanted to buy! So I just went home jumped on my trusty old c-dale and went for a ride.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do the same thing - regularly. Feel good about it. It is a positive addiction and a great obsession.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel so lucky. A brand new bike shop just opened in my town and I have struck up an acquaintance with the owner and his wife. We are already talking about cross promoting our businesses. I have a feeling this will be a cool way to hang out in his shop and ask my "dumb" newbie questions! I took one of the Bianchi Giro's out for a test ride today. That made my day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find a buy more stuff, or fantasize/consider buying more stuff, during cold winter months when I ride less. Once back out on the road, I don't feel quite the need. Maybe buying is a surrogate for riding for some of us.
    Riding and aging don't get easier, you just get slower at slowing down.] (FiftyPlus observation inspired by G. Lemond.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauphin
    I feel so lucky. A brand new bike shop just opened in my town and I have struck up an acquaintance with the owner and his wife. We are already talking about cross promoting our businesses. I have a feeling this will be a cool way to hang out in his shop and ask my "dumb" newbie questions! I took one of the Bianchi Giro's out for a test ride today. That made my day!
    Dauphin, are you doping off. Shouldn't you be out climbing some mountain or other?
    Riding and aging don't get easier, you just get slower at slowing down.] (FiftyPlus observation inspired by G. Lemond.)

In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rck
    I think I must be sick. I went to 4, yes 4, bike shops today and not only didn't buy anything, I didn't see anything that I wanted to buy! So I just went home jumped on my trusty old c-dale and went for a ride.

Lessee, you checked out some bike stuff and went for a bike ride. So far so good. Now, what is your problem?
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossChain
    Dauphin, are you doping off. Shouldn't you be out climbing some mountain or other?
    Well it did get dark!

Tomorrow at 7am...we go up Iowa Hill...again...hopefully with improved results!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauphin
    Tomorrow at 7am...we go up Iowa Hill...again...hopefully with improved results!
    The married couple that ascends together-- blends together.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dropped by my closest LBS as well. I ordered a Dura Ace Bottom Bracket to go with the 10 speed crank I had taken off Miss Lightweight-I didn't realize the BB on the 10 speed was different than 9 speed but I should have guessed..... It will give me a weekend project to convert the Madone to 10 speed which will also require moving a shifter from the Madone to Miss Lightweight. I also checked out road bikes for my 21 yr old daughter who is getting more and more interested in riding.

The current Giant model with the Ultegra components looks like a pretty good deal-I always get confused if it's the OCR1 or one of the others. Interestingly it's the same model I bought my wife a couple years ago....I was hoping to find something with carbon chain stays and a touch lighter but that seems to add another $300-$500.

Now I only need to pick up some Dura Ace brakes for the Madone........or another options is to get some Zero Gravity brakes for Miss Lightweight and move the Dura Ace brakes to the Madone. And there's the bars on the Madone. And I've also been shopping for Zipp wheels.........

I'm closer to needing the 12 step program than I thought!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you're sick. I look at other women and usually don't see anything I want. So, I go home to my wife. Your situation seems very similar to me. Looking never hurts. Although my wife doesn't like it when I wear sunglasses with a mirror finish. She says she can't see where I'm looking. Hhhmmm, maybe I need to rethink this. Does your C-dale know where you were?
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must be looking at the wrong shops. Go out and look some more.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Bruce Gordon BLT, Cannondale parts bike, Ecodyne recumbent trike, Counterpoint Opus 2, miyata 1000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be great to have enough cash to be able to feel guilty about not leaving some of it at the lbs. I have to ride my bikes and gear until it is a safety hazard then I get something. When I do have an ample sufficiency of money I get something really good that will last a long, long time. Like my Bruce Gordon touring bike.
    This space open

rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=ken cummings]It must be great to have enough cash to be able to feel guilty about not leaving some of it at the lbs...
    Ken, I'm a recovering Catholic-I enjoy the guilt. To NOSS88-I never tell my c-dale where I've been, only where we're going.