Older I get, Better I was velonomad's Avatar
    My Bikes
    a bunch of them, most made by me, a couple made by others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm home

easier to post here while i'm awake than to answer the folks who pm'ed . i just got home from the hospital ,what i thought was going to be a couple of days flat on my back has turned into 5 weeks minimum. docs found a bunch of infection and inflammation in my bladder and kidneys. everything is under control now. later.....

rick

Perpetually lost
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick, that's a real bummer, man. But the up side is that it could have been much worse and it's under control. Good to hear from you and wishing you a speedy recovery. Not speedy as in the way say, Big Paulie defines speedy, but in the Will Dehne kind of speedy.

Oh, and watch out for nurse Diesel Diego! Mean, mean woman...
    "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
    George Bernard Shaw

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man-that's really sounds painful. Good to hear you're making some progress!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back as in "home" is the magic word. As in, finally, the downside of the hill. Seems like about half the "membership" here is coming back from something....maybe not many as dramatic as yours. The road outside your door is going everywhere and nowhere...it will be there when you're ready.
    Riding and aging don't get easier, you just get slower at slowing down.] (FiftyPlus observation inspired by G. Lemond.)

Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man - that is good to have that discovered and treated NOW. Suppose you had waited another few months or whatever. Could have been 10 x's worse.

Let your body heal - don't use your energy up doing something foolish. It needs every ounce of energy for that get well process.
    Almost gone from the 50+ forum. - Email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for another fun new group of 50+ folks

Older I get, Better I was velonomad's Avatar
    My Bikes
    a bunch of them, most made by me, a couple made by others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the kind words, i'm feeling better after a night's sleep in my own bed. just took some loratab for the pain and now watching tdf. don't worry about me doing anything foolish, i have already done them all

In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As many of us can attest, the human body has remarkable healing powers. Glad you're home and on the mend. Keep us posted!
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.