Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Another Trek 7300

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Another Trek 7300

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-06, 05:38 PM

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts
Another Trek 7300

My wife and I went looking for a Trek 7300 for her all over Houston day before yesterday. Every shop we went into we could not find a 7300. We were told the new ones wouldn't be out for maybe 2 months. We didn't want to wait that long so we went to the Bike Barn,they have 5 stores,and bought a 7200.The girl said she checked the computer and there wasn't a Trek 7300 anywhere in the Houston area, and for that matter the factory as well.So we took the 7200 and my 7300,which I like very much,out riding. We went 12 miles, very hot out,and the gears were slipping on her bike so we wrapped it up. I said let's go to that other Bike Barn and get this bike fixed. Very friendly people, took the bike to the back room to get it fixed. He said it would be another 10 or 15 minutes so look around. I started walking around and there it was a brand new 7300. Holy cow, stop the press. I need that 7300 you have on the floor,what do I have to do. He said for about $10 it's ours,it was on sale on top of it. About 20 minutes later she was on her new bike.We were happy as 2 kids in a candy store when we left there. I told her we were meant to have that bike and she agreed,life is good. See you out there and keep smiling life is really short, George
Old 07-19-06, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool!
Old 07-19-06, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
George,

I bought my wife a bike identical to mine a couple of years ago. We both now ride together almost every day. She is now over 400 miles since June and is joining me for an upcoming century in September. Whatever level you participate, doing it together is really fun and worthwhile. We are having a blast and I know you guys will too! Keep riding!
Old 07-20-06, 10:06 AM

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts
New saddle

Could you recomend a new saddle, she doesn't care for the one that came with the 7300,thanks George
Old 07-20-06, 03:30 PM

Bikes: '06 Raleigh Cadent road bike,'05 Trek 7200 hybrid,' 83 Schwinn Le Tour SS conversion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My wife bought a 7100, and I bought a 7200 last year. We have really enjoyed ourselves on these bikes. I'm retired and ride a lot more than her. I ride everyday possible, while she is still working and rides with me on her days off. I recently bought my first road bike, but I still love the ride of my Trek. Sometimes I like the "sportscar", but still like the " comfort of the "limo". Glad you're liking your experience.