Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Seven Ti Tandem, Blue T12 tri bike, 92 Paramount, 93 Schwinn Mesa MTB, Trek 520 tourer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pie Report with Map

Having just returned from vacation I made it my mission to find the best pie between the Red River and San Antonio, Texas. And though I have returned with numerous pictures of various pie joints I have adjudged these to be the finest pies available within the designated area. Pictured here are a chocolate and two coconut cream pies, with my brother in the background. Not fresh fruit, for sure, but absolutely wonderful. Nothing against fresh fruit pies of course, but the coconut cream was terrrific. Out here on the frontier with no water and 100+ heat everyday we don't grow blueberries very well.

For you travelers out there, these may be had at Big-O's in Valera, Texas (between Brownwood and Ballinger) along with excellent smoked ribs.
    Last edited by Monoborracho; 08-21-07 at 04:18 PM.

My Bikes
    '04 Giant OCR2, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour, '92 Trek 820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, that's a start. But what we really need is an official 50+ BFN database (also available on CD) of GPS maps for North America (at least!) with approved pie suppliers and routes marked. Uploadable to our Garmins and Magellans, of course.

Could be a major new revenue stream for the sysadmins!

Add waypoints for Mexican restaurants and it'll be THE bike touring resource...a veritable Michelin Guide for cyclists!
    '04 Giant OCR2|'87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion (6,129)|'92 Trek 820 MTB|'85 Schwinn Super LeTour
    "People who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who are nearly half people and half bicycles." - Flann O'Brien, The Third Policeman

My Bikes
    Seven Ti Tandem, Blue T12 tri bike, 92 Paramount, 93 Schwinn Mesa MTB, Trek 520 tourer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also took a pic of the fried pies at Mi Tierra in S.A. but even a case of them couldn't hold up in competition to these.
    Last edited by Monoborracho; 08-05-06 at 10:05 AM.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those look really, really good. Just like Texas to supersize the slices......