Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Another Craigslist "shake my head" post (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/216929-another-craigslist-shake-my-head-post.html)

Digital Gee 08-06-06 12:20 AM

Another Craigslist "shake my head" post

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/bik/190574148.html

bikingshearer 08-06-06 12:38 AM

It's a good thing you posted the link. If you had only quoted the ad without a link, I never would have believed you. Whtever this guy is on, he needs to get the dosage adjusted.

BroMax 08-06-06 12:45 AM

Clearly it's code talk about some terrorist plot. They've had to abandon the more conventional means of communication, such as calling each other on the phone and agreeing on a time when they'll steal the helicopter so they can drop massive amounts of LSD into a public water supply.

Somebody send a copy to the Dept. of Homeland Security.

Or could it be the guy wants a pimpmobile and isn't allowed to drive?

Grampy™ 08-06-06 05:19 AM

Now if that was around Chicago I'd know who posted it...... I hope this guy remembers the golden rule.... Puff, puff, pass.

DnvrFox 08-06-06 06:18 AM

Anyone got some blue fur and glue? I think I will fix up my Specialized Hardrock and sell it to this guy!

Little Darwin 08-06-06 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Anyone got some blue fur and glue? I think I will fix up my Specialized Hardrock and sell it to this guy!

I have a strange feeling that you would create a nice bike with blue fur, but I would suggest you deliver it yourself for a chance to meet one of the Diegos... Something this interesting must somehow be tied to the Diego clan. :D

DnvrFox 08-06-06 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Darwin
I have a strange feeling that you would create a nice bike with blue fur, but I would suggest you deliver it yourself for a chance to meet one of the Diegos... Something this interesting must somehow be tied to the Diego clan. :D

OK - and we have to get some creative soul to think of a "Diego" first name for this guy in SD.

Hey, what happened to dgregory57?

Little Darwin 08-06-06 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Hey, what happened to dgregory57?

He got tired of being called Gregory and trying to figure out who that Gregory guy was. :D

... Darwin

HiYoSilver 08-06-06 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroMax
Clearly it's code talk about some terrorist plot. They've had to abandon the more conventional means of communication, such as calling each other on the phone and agreeing on a time when they'll steal the helicopter so they can drop massive amounts of LSD into a public water supply.

Somebody send a copy to the Dept. of Homeland Security.

+1, there's too much attention given to key words here to be anything but code

Looking
very special
very rare
blue fur

roccobike 08-06-06 10:59 AM

Aliens! Definitely aliens posted that ad. You see aliens can't touch metal. If they do, their middle finger falls off which leads to a serious communication problem in their language. Since they print money in their spaceship, $4000 for a Huffy or Magne covered with fur is no problem.
Signing off now.

Terex 08-06-06 08:59 PM

If I had one, I'd sell it.

centexwoody 08-06-06 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikingshearer
Whtever this guy is on, he needs to get the dosage adjusted.

what makes you think it's a guy?

Liberace Diego 08-07-06 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centexwoody

Indeed!!!

Liberace Diego 08-07-06 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terex
If I had one, I'd sell it.

I did, and I did!!!

Gosh darn, I love this forum!!!

Liberace Diego 08-07-06 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Darwin

Oh, all right you savages! It was I, the ivory-tickling Diego, who placed the ad in Craig's List. (I hope that one day I'll be at the top of Craig's "list," don't you know!)

Blue fur and I go waaayyyy back! I thought it would be so super to have a blue fur bike! Little did I know that Digital Gee would be the boy-toy who'd come to my rescue!

Little Darwin 08-07-06 05:07 AM

I had a strange feeling there was an ivory tickling Diego somewhere...

I can just imagine the lighting system, a candelabra...

linux_author 08-07-06 05:50 AM

for this thread, perhaps this info can help?

:-)

bikingshearer 08-07-06 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centexwoody

Gut feeling. Absolutely zero empirical evidence to back it up. But I'm only wrong about such things 70 or 80 percent of the time.:rolleyes: