Bike Forums

Bike Forums (
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (
-   -   Pie!! (

velonomad 08-10-06 05:11 PM

This morning one of my friends stopped by with some blueberries from his garden

This was pretty convenient since I had been acting pretty ornery last evening and put my wife in a bad mood also. I needed a peace offering. Pie usally gets me paroled from the dog house so I got to work..

First was to get the crust going, simple basic pie crust I made a 100 times before. 2 cups of flour, 3/4 cup shortening, tsp salt, 6-7 tbsp ice water. I hand mixed just enough to get everything blended and sticking together.

Next is the filling, I beat one egg then added: 3/4 cup of sugar, 1 cup of sour cream, 2 tbsp of flour, 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract pinch of salt. I beat everything together about 4 to five minutes and then folded in 2 3/4 cups of the blueberries.

I then rolled out the pie crust. I screwed up and didn't refrigerate the crust so it was difficult to roll out and keep in one piece. No time to wait so I patched the crust together and added the blueberry filling .

Next I tried to get a good looking top crust on the pie but the baking gods are pissed at me too, so I cobbled the top together as best I could.

25 minutes in a 400 deg oven and we have pie! It isn't pretty but the crust is flaky and the filling tastes perfect.

First slice!

SWMBO declares it delicious, and the war is over! yay!

DnvrFox 08-10-06 05:57 PM

Do you have home delivery?

I'll take two!

p8rider 08-10-06 07:11 PM

That's one good looking pie!!!

jppe 08-10-06 07:29 PM

Oh my..........that looks incredible.

LilSprocket 08-10-06 07:34 PM

OMG!!!! FRESH BLUEBERRIES!!!! DUDE!!! I am so jealous!!!

Enjoy! :beer:

Grampy™ 08-10-06 07:37 PM

Puhleeese tell me you saved some for pancakes in the morning.......:cry: