Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Progress

I've taken the advice of those on this forum, and do most of my riding in the AM. Before I was splitting it up between AM and PM, 5 miles in the morning, and 4 in the PM.
    The left knee came up a bit sore the other day, I raised the saddle a little and the pain seems to have gone away, for now. Came down with a numb crotch so I bought a pair of rider shorts which has helped immensly, I need to buy a second pair. My hands are still becoming numb after just a few miles, I need a better pair of gloves. This morning I did 9 miles in 55 min, a little slow, but I'm still being cautious with the knee. Watching the sun come up when riding certainly makes a person feel alive.

My Bikes
    Used Marin MTB, New 6/06 Scott Contessa Speedster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good progress! And yes early mornings are wonderful.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only way to see a sunrise is on a night ride. Fantastic progress Hask 12. I actually took up riding as I could no longer run through knee problems. Within a couple of years I could have taken up running again as the knee was stronger, but I had more sense.

Attachment was taken at 6am this year and I had been up from 4am preparing for my big ride. Pity the sun didn't stay.

Edit- Looked for this picture earlier but could not find it- Same ride- sun still there but only about 10 miles in= Only another 55 to go. This was after we had to wash the bike to get the gears to work----- For the first time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stapfam; 08-12-06 at 02:40 AM.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was having knee / plantaris problems, too. I think the breakthrough was spending some time with little-resistance spinning on my trainer last winter, and a slight adjustment to my saddle. I still get some stiffness after the ride, but by the time I get back on my bike, it's all good.

Good progress. Keep adding just a little at a time.
    Truth is stranger than reality.
    '96 Giant ATX 760 MTB
    '01 Bianchi Eros
    '05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades

My Bikes
    2005 Surly LHT; 2006 Surly CrossCheck with Extracycle; 1987 Schwinn World Sport as urban cruiser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For my time on the bike, there is nothing comparable to that early morning light slanting across the pastures, a bit of fog still holding down along the creekline, the smells borne off dewy grass...

Keep it up & you'll be matching my time & rate of 11 miles in 53 minutes: a respectable pace at which I've been stuck for several months.
    centexwoody
    They're beautiful handsome machines that translate energy into joy.