Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 08-11-06, 05:47 PM   #1
Let's do a Century
Bikes: Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Hold that thought!!

I was back in the LBS picking up some cables and was carrying on with the folks in the shop. They know way too much about my bike stuff........and me for that matter. I mentioned that I now had enough parts to build up a bike. What they told me what most folks do is to buy a lower priced frame, build it up with parts you want to get rid of and sell the bike. Then use those dollars to buy the stuff or bike you REALLY want.

I really wish they hadn't planted that thought in my brain. I'm sucker enough to try and do something just like that......Instead of just spending a few bucks and have a decent bike I'll probably go forking over even bigger bucks chasing something I don't even know what it is...........Geez. I got to stay out of that place!!!
jppe is offline   Reply With Quote