Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bankrupt..............

I tried posting this in the 'FOO' section but got no answers so I will try here...........since we are older and presumably have some stocks.

Does anybody know where I can find a list of companies exiting bankruptcy?

My Bikes
    Seven Ti Tandem, Blue T12 tri bike, 92 Paramount, 93 Schwinn Mesa MTB, Trek 520 tourer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presumably when you say "exiting bankruptcy" you are concerned with those Chapter 11 reorganizations that appear successful. There are, I think, about 100 federal district courts each of which handles bankruptcies. So, unless someone compiles a list on a regular basis, and I'm betting they do, you would theoretically need to review the proceeds of all the courts?

What does this have to do with bicycles?
    Most economic fallacies derive from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.....Milton Friedman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bankrupt............

Monoborracho,

Well, I did say I had tried posting this on another board before I tried asking here. I am talking about businesses exiting Chapter 11 proceedings, but somewhere there is a list of these things. I just can't find it.

This has absolutely nothing to do with bikes.......unless I make some money and can buy a new bike.

My Bikes
    2005 Surly LHT; 2006 Surly CrossCheck with Extracycle; 1987 Schwinn World Sport as urban cruiser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    boy, that's a relief: first crotch reports, then I thought we were headed to bad credit reports...
    centexwoody
    They're beautiful handsome machines that translate energy into joy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bankrupt.............

centexwoody,

Are you saying you are information bankrupt?

Older I get, Better I was velonomad's Avatar
    My Bikes
    a bunch of them, most made by me, a couple made by others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use to play the pink sheets a little, I have never seen a list anywhere, usually you would get that information from within the industry or sector the companies are in. It isn't hard to find on an individual company because the company is going to be crowing to the world the minute they come out out of chapter 11. I use google alerts to keep tabs on the various companies I have interest in.

My Bikes
    Seven Ti Tandem, Blue T12 tri bike, 92 Paramount, 93 Schwinn Mesa MTB, Trek 520 tourer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace
    This has absolutely nothing to do with bikes.......unless I make some money and can buy a new bike.

Good answer.
    Most economic fallacies derive from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.....Milton Friedman

My Bikes
    2005 Surly LHT; 2006 Surly CrossCheck with Extracycle; 1987 Schwinn World Sport as urban cruiser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LastPlace, that's only the beginning of the story but it deserves its own thread for that. Fortunately the family farm oil output has kept us from the poorhouse door this month and if this month's royalty check ever gets here, I'll go out and treat the whole family to pie! And a stick of Juicy Fruit for everyone...

And landscape that 15 miles of landscaping along the Texas highways that DeeGee talked me into donating for Sept. 16th.
    centexwoody
    They're beautiful handsome machines that translate energy into joy.