Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Tomorrows ride?

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Tomorrows ride?

Old 08-19-06, 02:02 AM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Tomorrows ride?

Looks Like I am out on my own tomorrow. Subject to weather being good- I hope to be able to get in a decent ride. Looked at the weather forecast and a bit of rain expected- and a strong 20mph wind from the East.
Things may change but looks like a 5 mile warm up to the first hill and then two other steep ones in quick succession before a quick drop to the coast. 2,000ft of climbing in about 6 miles. That should warm me up before I have a rest looking around the Air display at Eastbourne. Going to get bored with that after about 30 minutes so then I will try the ride I did last year out West along the coast so I can see the planes approaching the display. Total milage should be around 50 miles but may have to go inland to avoid that 20 mph headwind on the way back.

Then again it may rain again tonight and put plenty of mud out on the hills. Time for the mountain bike to get dirty.

I love these summer days riding. Never know what to expect.

Spike Milligan
Old 08-19-06, 06:51 AM
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Enjoy your ride,There was a Sussex tour in Cycling Plus magazine a few months ago that looked like a great ride. My favorite part of that magazine is the tours.

I am hoping to get out on a ride myself today.I plan to take a 40 mile ride along the Erie Canalway trail between Amsterdam and Canojoharie New York.
However thunderstorms are forecast for today. I'll put some fatter tires on( most of the trail is fine gravel) some rain gear and give it a go.