Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seafoam injures knee...

Sorry to report, but yesterday seafoam had an accident at work and cracked her knee on a concrete floor. Preliminary x-rays indicate a possible hairline fracture to the patella. We are still waiting for the absolute word on that and won't know till probably Tuesday. In any event, they sent her home with a knee brace and a pair of crutches. She's really bummed. No riding for some time and she will miss the Auburn Century on September 16th. Hopefully she will recover quickly and get back on her bike as soon as possible...

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a bummer. September 16th is pie ride day. Seafoam-- Hope the knee gets better, but by then you should be able to move around without the aid of crutches. Hopefully you know how to cook- so any other 50+ members on the Auburn century will be able to contact you. As you will be going out to support Dauphin- while you are preparing his pie for the ride- you will be able to take orders for the rest of us.

P.S do you do a postal service for D.G.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Merlin Fortius, Specialized Crossroads & Rockhopper, Serotta Fierte, Pedal Force RS2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - oh my!

- just reading about the injury makes me wince... i'd be devastated if forced off the bike for recovery, but i guess it's best to follow medical advice!

- please pass on best wishes for a full and speedy recovery...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wishes for a quick recovery.

Paul

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That does sound painful!!!

There are too many posts about people getting injured, falling, etc. It's starting to scare me. I realize this one wasn't even bike-related but still...

Let's be careful out there!
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    2006 Specialized Sirrus Sport, 2006 Bianchi Giro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    Hopefully you know how to cook- so any other 50+ members on the Auburn century will be able to contact you. As you will be going out to support Dauphin- while you are preparing his pie for the ride- you will be able to take orders for the rest of us.
    Now, I believe dauphin will agree that not many people baked better pie than my mom (and nobody enjoyed pie more than my pop) - but mine aren't bad. That's a heck of a lot of pie baking, though, considering I have my son's birthday pie two days before and dauphin's birthday pie to make 2 days later. Guess I'll have time to gear up for it without all that pesky bike riding.

I appreciate everyone's kind wishes. Who knew being a school librarian could be so fraught with danger? It's a beautiful day and I want to ride!
    2006 Bianchi Giro
    2006 Specialized Sirrus Sport

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoughts and prayers go out for a speedy recovery.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

Senior Curmudgeon
    My Bikes
    Electra Townie 1-speed with basket & fenders
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell seafoam she'll be in my prayers also, and that if, (ah say if) I'm able to do a century this Fall, I'll consider her with me on the way!

My Bikes
    2010 Allegra 2X
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell Seafoam that our Prayers and thoughts go to her. I know the pain of both being off the bike, and bum knees.
    2010 Jamis Allegra 2X
    God loves you, and God loves me, Even if I do cause his over time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seafoam
    Now, I believe dauphin will agree that not many people baked better pie than my mom (and nobody enjoyed pie more than my pop) - but mine aren't bad. That's a heck of a lot of pie baking, though, considering I have my son's birthday pie two days before and dauphin's birthday pie to make 2 days later. Guess I'll have time to gear up for it without all that pesky bike riding.

What if Seafoam spent her entire convalecense baking pies for everyone and sending them to us? Is that a sexist idea?
    Last edited by Big Paulie; 08-26-06 at 08:06 PM.

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seafoam

I appreciate everyone's kind wishes. Who knew being a school librarian could be so fraught with danger? It's a beautiful day and I want to ride!
    Wait...is Dauphin counting this ride as his Ride Your Age 2006 ride? Or is he doing that separately?
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    2005 Surly LHT; 2006 Surly CrossCheck with Extracycle; 1987 Schwinn World Sport as urban cruiser
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, but as a not-quite-liberated male of the species whose favorite wife goes to lots of trouble to spoil him, let me assure everyone there is SO much positive impact from pie production!
    centexwoody
    They're beautiful handsome machines that translate energy into joy.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Paulie
    What if Seafoam spent her entire convalecense baking pies for everyone and sending them to us? Is that a sexist idea?
    No. Thats a bl**dy good idea. Especially as I am 6,000 miles away so I cannot hear the backlash that the rest of you will get. And think of the new members we will get when the other forums hear about it.

Seafoam- get better quickly or you will be tied to the kitchen- especially if you conform to this suggestion. I'll have to get the recipe for Treacle pudding over to you- Or spotted dick so that dauphin can put on a few lbs to slow him down a bit.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    1984 Peugeot P8; 2006 Trek 5200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get well quickly Seafoam. Without you along to push him I know that Dauphin's performance will suffer. So both of you will be out of shape when you are ready to resume.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....so, just a few minutes ago...seafoam walks slowly into the room without her knee brace and says, "hey, this feels much better today!" I think she is willing her way to good health.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch!! Seafoam-very sorry to hear of the accident and injury! With you being so active I know that it's really frustrating not being able to get out on the Bianchi!!

Just be sure to milk it for all it's worth at the house!!!!!
    Last edited by jppe; 08-27-06 at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe
    Just be sure to milk it for all it's worth at the house!!!!!
    OK, since jppe brought up milk, maybe Seafoam can bake cookies for us instead of pie...you know, easier to mail and all...