Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Wimped again.

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Wimped again.

Old 09-03-06, 01:15 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Wimped again.

After posting about getting ready for winter riding- I wimped out on the ride today as I am not ready. All ready to go at 8pm, but that wind was a bit strong. Also a bit gusty. No other riders turned up but I had a phone call about 8:30. Are we riding today? "No" was my reply. Although it wasn't raining- The clouds were a bit dark in the direction we would be riding, and I had just gone down to the Bike shed to find the windy bit had gone up to about 30mph and gusting. Then I got the second phone call just as the heavens opened up. Are we riding today? "Definitely not."

So I spent the day checking the bikes over- Charging up the lights I currently have for the midweek ride, and fitting the tricky lining to the shed around the windows. Oh- and I pumped up 5 tyres that had gone flat- Repaired 2 punctures when those tyres went down immediately, and will have another to do later as another tyre is flat. Ran through my tool boxes to find the Jig saw I used to have- didn't find it but found 3 new tubes, in the size that I bought yesterday as I had run out of that size, and found the stock of sandwiches that I did not use on the ride in May.

Not a pleasant day, but at least I can find the bikes under the rubbish that was building up in the bike shed.

Spike Milligan
Old 09-03-06, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
We're all human...except for Mother Nature. It's in the 90's outdside my window and, despite a bit of crisp air around 6:30 AM, it is very hard to imagine wool, leg warmers, and cold winds. Consider this a rest and maintenance day.
Old 09-03-06, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Every now and then you simply need to take a break. I find that a day like the one you described comes around two or three times each year, and I use it for the same thing.... cleaning out the shed... so I can find things. But sandwiches from several months ago!? Good grief, man, how did you keep the rodents from finding them first? Two weeks ago I had the bike shed door open while I was on the patio with the bike in the stand and cleaning the chain. I went into the shed to get more rags, and there stood a fat old hedgehog... just looking up at me. I hollered at him, and he took off, but what he was looking for in the shed is beyond me.
Old 09-03-06, 03:47 PM
wheezer geezer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NOS88
I went into the shed to get more rags, and there stood a fat old hedgehog... just looking up at me. I hollered at him, and he took off, but what he was looking for in the shed is beyond me.
That hedgehog (ooops wrong shed) was looking for some yummy month old sandwiches.

Last edited by fifty5; 09-03-06 at 03:53 PM.