User Tag List

My Bikes
    Trek 1200c, BMC Streetfire, Gary Fisher Wahoo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Sunday Ride

It wasn't long and it wasn't fast, but it was with my 4 1/2 year old grandson. The best part was that I dug out the old Trek 800 ATB so I could ride slow with him. Now this bike has been abused for 20 years and the hubs are so shot that both wheels wooble, but I took it anyway.

I had planned to just ride on the MUP but when we got to a place where a fire road crosses he said, "What's down there" and I said "I don't know, lets find out", so we rode through the rocks and mud puddles for about a 1/2 mile and found the road ended at a pond. There was a small loop single track off to one side so we took that. It went up a small knoll about 30 feet high that he had to get off his little 16-incher and push it up, but at the top we were looking at a cool little down hill. I went down first, took the corner at the bottom and stopped. Next he came down, full speed, laughing his head off. His mother would have killed me if she saw this. We did that little hill about 6 more times and laughed every time.

Throughout the rest of the ride we took various side trips off the MUP. We rode over rocks, roots, and through mud. We had a blast! When all was said and done we had gone 6 miles and he couldn't wait to tell Nanna how his bike got all muddy.

This, is what it's really all about.

Crap, now I want a mountain bike. My wife's not going to be happy
    Tim
    Singing Do Wah Ditty, Ditty Dum Ditty Do

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HopedaleHills
    Throughout the rest of the ride we took various side trips off the MUP. We rode over rocks, roots, and through mud. We had a blast! When all was said and done we had gone 6 miles and he couldn't wait to tell Nanna how his bike got all muddy.

This, is what it's really all about.

Crap, now I want a mountain bike. My wife's not going to be happy
    Mud gets everywhere so I hope you had a bath when you got home. And I hope you cleaned the bikes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    2007 Specialized Sirrus Comp, 1988 Diamond Back Ascent
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great ride. It's one reason I'm riding now -- staying in shape so I can ride with those grandkids -- which are still a few years off. This summer I was able to get my youngest son (just graduated from the University of Colorado -- go Buffs!) back on a bike and we enjoyed a couple of rides. Best one was between Breckenridge and Copper Mountain. He and I left my wife and his girlfriend at their own pace and we pedaled ahead. He tried to leave me behind . . . and did on the flats but I'd catch him on the hills. And we both were laughing like little kids as we dropped down the hills . . . ain't life grand!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
    but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --
    WOW!!! What a ride!"

My Bikes
    Bachetta Agio
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a neat day for you! I can't wait until my Granddaughter can handle her 2 wheeler a little better. Your ride beat my ride hands down. Way to Go Granpa!
    As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
    Joshua 24:15

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great. great story. Thanks for sharing..............