Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Banned. DnvrFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    20,924
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thread splitting, two different BFN Forums at the same time?

    There seems to be some sort of update to a new server going on. Anyway, it appears some recent posts have been lost, at least for now. Thread splitting, two different BFN Forums at the same time?

    http://69.16.211.161/showthread.php?...07#post2991707

    Quote Originally Posted by DnvrFox
    Somehow in the transfer (or whatever is going on) there seems to be some thread splitting. IOW, one thread had additional posts and some went one way and some the other. At times when you check the thread, you get some of the new posts but don't see the other, and at times it goes just the opposite. So, depending upon fate you may see the thread with certain responses or you may see the thread with the other responses, but never both sets of responses.

    Whew! I hope that is clear.

  2. #2
    I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Posts
    7,894
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denver, thanks for the heads up. I just got back from a brief business trip and had no idea. I seemed to have been on the other forum, the one with numbers, not bikeforum.net in the address. I removed those bookmarks and started with fresh ones from this server. Appreciate the heads up and shake my head...never would have known!
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

    Proud member of the original Club Tombay

  3. #3
    Banned. DnvrFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    20,924
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gee
    Denver, thanks for the heads up. I just got back from a brief business trip and had no idea. I seemed to have been on the other forum, the one with numbers, not bikeforum.net in the address. I removed those bookmarks and started with fresh ones from this server. Appreciate the heads up and shake my head...never would have known!
    Heck, I should have left you where you were. Maybe about a week to notice no one else was posting?

  4. #4
    I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Posts
    7,894
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DnvrFox
    Heck, I should have left you where you were. Maybe about a week to notice no one else was posting?
    Yeah...I wondered why no one wanted to help me figure out which bike to buy!
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

    Proud member of the original Club Tombay

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a parallel universe, a bizarro Bike Forums. The posters over there look and sound like us, even have the same avatars. But they are not us. We must destroy them.
    Last edited by Louis; 09-01-06 at 03:11 PM.

  6. #6
    Geezer Member Grampy™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    My Bikes
    Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.
    Posts
    1,384
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DnvrFox
    There seems to be some sort of update to a new server going on. Anyway, it appears some recent posts have been lost, at least for now. Thread splitting, two different BFN Forums at the same time?

    http://69.16.211.161/showthread.php?...07#post2991707
    Huh?
    Carpe who?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •